Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Arriving at Daphne's flat had been a quick and easy journey. The woman was incredibly thankful that she had been too busy to make a big mess of her place as she went straight for her bedroom to gather a few things, while Harry merely called over to her, "Try not to take too long. Let's not stress Susan out anymore than necessary. She's had a rather traumatic day."

Daphne nodded at this thinking that might have been an understatement as she went into her closet for a bag. The young woman quickly began organizing a few outfits to take just in case the need to stay longer arised. She moved as fast as possible, but she stopped when she heard Harry shuffling around outside her closet. When she came out he was holding the photo of her family in Rome that sat on her bedside, "Kingsley told me about your dad. I'm sorry for your loss."

Daphne swallowed thickly at his words, "Yeah well I lost a lot less than some."

"That doesn't make it any easier." Harry said softly.

"No I don't suppose it does." Daphne said simply.

A few moments passed as they both looked at the picture, and she thought about the day she had before asking, "Harry...when you were telling us about where you were this afternoon you mentioned a man you bumped into with a scratch on his face. Do you think he could have something to do with all this?"

The head of the DMLE frowned at her question, "I asked Savage about the man, and he said that he never saw anyone matching the description I gave."

"What if he took something off you when you bumped into each other, or even nicked you. There is something unsettling, and maybe even a little familiar about the man you described. You yourself said blood magic could be involved, and that may have been the opportunity to get it from you. It would only take the slightest drop that you may not have even felt if it was taken by muggle means." Daphne said thoughtfully.

Harry scratched the back of his head before thinking hard for several moments, "Maybe we should take a step into the pensieve. See if you recognize the man."

Daphne's eyes widened, "You have a pensieve?"

Harry nodded, "I pulled it out of the Potter Vault. It's quite useful, and maybe we can take a look at it."

Daphne had always loved enchanted objects, and was excited at the prospect of getting to see one in action, "I'd like that."

A short moment passed before Harry sighed, "Are you ready?"

The blonde woman nodded, "Yes, let's go."

Harry offered his arm to the girl, and the two apparated straight into the living area on the second floor of Potter Manor where most of the group was sitting at the bar stools with no alcohol in sight. Heads raised at their arrival, but no one got up or approached the two as Harry began walking straight towards the stairs that would lead to his bedroom.

Daphne peered off towards Susan who looked like she was trying to keep a passive countenance, "Holding up okay?"

The red haired woman jerked her head up towards Daphne as if she were seeing her very suddenly, "Sorry what did you say Daphne?"

Realizing the young woman must've zoned out, and was likely exhausted she just put an arm on the girl's shoulder, "Just checking on you. Are you okay?"

"I have certainly had better days. Seamus is a prat, but he is still one of us. I am really worried about him. Just when I thought we were finally going to catch a break." Susan said, sounding a little defeated.

Daphne took a deep breath taking in the girl's words, "Like you said Seamus has done something like this before so maybe he is shacked up with some woman."