Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The main party had wound down over a few hours of polite fraternizing, dining, and drinking. It was quite a foray of extravagance, which made the following after party all the more hilariously wild.

They were down to about a dozen people, and as soon as the last of the guests who weren't staying left Susan told them they could go change into whatever clothes they brought for the after party. The young woman had promised them anything super casual was fine, so Daphne had changed into just black shorts, and a Slytherin house T-shirt to continue the party upstairs.

Upstairs there was a long table with a pyramid of cups on each side. The rules of Fire Pong were quite simple as they were explained to Daphne. All one had to do was take a small white ball that weighed close to nothing, and toss it into a cup. The opposing team had to drink a single ounce of fire whiskey, and then remove the cup. This was simply done until there were no more cups left on the table making a clear winner.

Daphne had teamed up with Susan, and the two quickly proved to be a tough team to beat. The girls against boys teams proved popular, because the taunting was becoming hilarious. Hannah and Hermione were going against Harry and Neville with the boys about to take a win when Hannah crossed her arms staring at Neville, "You are so sleeping alone tonight if you make this."

The final cup was sitting on the table on the ladies side, while two more were still sitting on the men's side. The game was played without magic so everyone was on a fairly even playing field, while Neville grinned at his girlfriend, "Low blow Abbott. So desperate to win you would attempt to sway me. I thought Hufflepuffs were all about fair play!"

The blonde shrugged, "Hermione is a bad influence."

This made everyone laugh as Hermione shook her head, but Neville closed his eyes, taking the last shot, and making it into the cup with ease. The two witches grumbled, and Hermione took the last drink making the girl sway a little on the spot. Daphne had decided that Hermione was much more intoxicated this go around than she was during the last party, which was a funny site she couldn't wait to tell her sister about.

The final game between Susan/Daphne and Harry/Neville was about to start with bets going around the table from the onlookers. Neville called out, "Oi Greengrass, I think you lied to us about having never played this before."

The girl grinned, "I did say I have never played this version of the game, and that was the truth! Just maybe not the full truth."

Harry and Neville's jaws both fell open as Susan laughed, "Most people play this game with butter beer you nitwits! Just because our group is full of alcohol snobs, and we changed it to make us get drunk faster doesn't mean we invented a whole new game."

This made Harry shake his head, "Slytherin's Neville...always out to play a trick!"

Neville was floating a ball at eye level crossing his arms, "It was a good trick Harry we can respect that. Now we can just crush that unshakable confidence with a smile, and call it a night on this game."

The girls both rolled their eyes while Daphne held out both hands innocently, "We haven't lost yet gentleman. Put your skill where your mouth is, and let's put a wager on it."

The taunt was well received, and Neville along with Harry looked apprehensive when they exchanged looks. Harry asked, "What kind of wager?"

Daphne turned to Susan, "It's your birthday girl. What do you want out of these schmucks?"

Susan put a thoughtful frown on her face, "I can get anything out of Harry anytime, so maybe something humiliating."

Harry surprised Daphne by merely grinning at them, "Don't leave us all in suspense Susie. We aren't scared."