14- Anticipation

Janiya pulled into the driveway to see Amber's car, confused as to why she was home even earlier than she should have been. She rushed inside thinking something might have been wrong.

"Amber?" she called out loudly, setting her purse on the kitchen table. Her girlfriend appeared seconds later.

"Hey baby" she smiled, taking in the tall woman's raw beauty.

"Hey, is everything okay? You're home early" her eyes filled with concern.

"Yes honey, everything is fine" she pecked her lips. "I have to tell you the truth, I never went to work today, I had to take care some things for tonight."

"Oh lord" Niya's face dropped "Bambi, what have you done?"

"It's exactly as I said last week, an intimate weekend with a chosen few" her words held no malice, but Janiya sensed deception in her smile "I have a reservation for us at Marble Room and gift numbers 2 through 10 are waiting upstairs for you. It's what you'll be wearing to dinner."

"2-10! How many damn gifts am I getting?"

"Technically eleven. I know it sounds like a lot but trust me. You will receive the final present after dinner."

"Alright," Janiya smiled and shook her head.

She did trust Amber. Ever since the big birthday debacle of 2023- when they almost broke up, Amber has been respectful of her partner's wishes not to celebrate her birthday in grand fashion. Still, Janiya had a gut feeling she couldn't ignore. Amber is really good at keeping secrets so who knows how many people will be at dinner and what is happening afterwards and that made Niya nervous. What is the true plan for tonight?

"Your hair looks pretty babe" Amber complimented her.

"Thank you, it took long enough but I do love it" she said, whipping his super bouncy curls from left to right "how are you wearing your hair?"

"Not sure yet," she replied, smoothing the sides of her ponytail "Maybe a low bun."

"Wear it down tonight. Your hair is always up, and I really like when you free it sometimes" Janiya told her while pulling the holder from her hair allowing it to fall. She finger-combed it out until it framed her face "Beautiful."

"I think that can be arranged for you" she winked and stepped away "Dante is coming to do our makeup at quarter to 5 and the reservation is for 7:30. Ready to see your birthday dress?"

"Yes" she clapped. Amber grabbed her hand and pulled her up the stairs to their bedroom where three garment bags were hanging outside the closet doors. One on Amber's side and two on Janiya's side "Why are there two on my side?"

"I couldn't choose between my favorites for you, so I got both," Amber unzipped them, presenting both of the beautiful dresses to Janiya whose mouth fell out at the sights.

"Oh. My. God. Babe, they are both gorgeous!" she took both hangers and stood in the full body mirror, taking turns holding them up to her.

 Babe, they are both gorgeous!" she took both hangers and stood in the full body mirror, taking turns holding them up to her