40. Crime to Love

"I love you and that scares me." Tormund declared as he closed her chamber door.

"Love scares you?" Caro countered

"Yeah."

"Yeah?" Caro rasped sitting down on a chair sinking into the cousins.

"Ive never been in love. Until you and it scares me because seeing you here with them in this place. I dont fit in here."

"So? I dont care." Caro assured. "Im one of the last starks alive. I was a Cassel and then a Lannister and I didnt want anyone or anything after Jory. I never wanted to love again because I loved him more than life itself." Tormunds whole body grew in his spot on her bed staring back at her as though just the mere mention of jory called for him to be bigger—to be more.

"One true love. They call it that for a reason and I was stupid enough to believe that I could be different." Caro whimpered. "That I could love you. I didnt want to. I tried not to but you snuck up on me Tormund and now you are running away."

"Carolina-"

"And I want love but I cant have that aparently. So I will take care of my nephews and niece and love them because they deserve more," caro rasped unable to meet his gaze.

Before she could push anymore, his control slowly slipped back in place, but she watched him relax one muscle at a time. She knew what was coming before he even opened his mouth, and she cut him off before he could slip another denial in.

"That sounds like not enough for you." It wasn't, but She wasn't wasting her time either. Unable to deny his assumption, she simply shrugged.

"It is what it is." Unless something took over Tormunds body and he decided to give her what she wanted, to speak the words she wanted to hear to say something. She was stuck where She was at where she would always be. It didn't mean She couldn't imagine. Closing her eyes, pretending she could feel rough facial hair against her thighs. Only now he stared back at her not touching her at all.

"It's not a crime to love what you cannot explain."

+

'Forgive me my queen, the red priestess from ASSHAI has come to see you Grace.'

So they went to the throne room to meet the red priestess.

'Queen Daenerys I was a slave once bought and sold scorched and branded is an honor to meet the breaker of chains.' The red woman said.

'The red priestess helped bring peace to Meereen,' Daenerys was informed.

'Then you're very welcome here what are you doing here?' Daenerys questioned.

'I am here to serve.' the red woman said

'She once served another on the iron throne,' Varys warned 'it didn't end well for Stannis Baratheon, did it?'

'No.' she answered 'it didn't.'

'You chose an auspicious day to arrive a dragon stone we've just decided to pardon those who have served the wrong king,' Danny said looking to Varys 'You serve the lord of light... the Lord of light doesn't have many followers from Westeros does he?'

'Not yet but even those who don't wish do you know him.' The red woman assured.

'What does the lord of light want from me?' Danny questioned

'The night is long, only the prince who is promised will bring the Dawn.' She recited.

''The prince who is promised to bring the Dawn I'm afraid I'm not a prince,' Danny told her

'Your Grace I'm sorry but your translation is not quite accurate there is no gender in high valyrian so the translation would be the prince or princess would be promised at Dawn.' Messandei told her.

'Doesn't really roll off the tongue,' Tyrion teased

'and you believe this prophecy refers to me?' Danny pondered.

'Prophecies are dangerous thing,' the red woman told her 'I believe you have a role to play as does another the King in the north Jon snow.'

'Jon snow? Ned Stark's bastard.'

'Do you know him?' Danny questioned Tyrion.

'Yes I traveled to the wall with him when he went to join the nights watch.' Tyrion informed them. "I knew his aunt very well..." Tyrion thought he might leave out the bit where Carolina might want him dead for killing her second husband, and his father, Tywin. But all had been quite on the stark front considering Tyrion had fled.

'Why do you think the Lord of light signals out this Jon Snow?'  Varys questioned 'Aside from the visions she has seen in the flames?' varys added

'As Lord Commander the nights watch he led the Wildlings south of the wall to protect them from the great danger as king of the north he has united those wildlings with the northern houses. Together we are faced with the uncommon enemy.' The red woman told them.

'He sounds like quite a man,' Danny agreed

'Summon Jon Snow and I stand before you and tell you the things that of happened to him the things that he has seen with his own eyes,' the red woman said

'I can't speak to prophecies are visions in flames but I like Jon Snow and I trust him and I'm an excellent judge of character.' Tyrion told them 'if it goes well the north would make a valuable ally and the former bastard on the throne did execute his father and conspired to have his brother killed. Jon Snow has more reason to hate Cersei than you do.'

'Very well,' Danny agreed 'send a raven over to the north tell Jon snow that his queen invites him to come to Dragon stone and bend the knee.'