10. You Know Nothing, Jon Snow

"I was wondering when I would see you again." Tormund remarked. Caro shrugged as she put down the tray of food in front of him. "What are they going to do to us?"  Again she shrugged. "You don't feel talkative today? We can do other things with our mouths." Tormund agreed. 

"I'm sure we could." Caro agreed leaning back against the wall. Tormund licked at his lips smiling back at her. "You seem very anti everyone and everything here... but not me." Caro remarked. 

"Why would I be anti you gorgeous?" Tormund countered. 

"I dont have the key." Caro informed him. "For your chains."

"Yet you came here with the big bad wildling..." Tormund remarked. "I should be asking you the same thing. Why dont you hate me like the rest of the crows?"

"Oh thats easy." Caro agreed taking another step towards him. "I'm not a crow." She whispered in his ear before turning on her heel and heading out. 

"Bring ale next time." Tormund requested, Caro smiled back at him as she closed the door. "And wear less clothes!" He called after her. 

+

"You think highly of this boy." Stannis wife Selyse remarked calmly and stannis nodded. "Good."

"Lord Commander of the Night's Watch" Stannis reminded her.

"A bastard by some tavern slut." Selyse corrected as they stared down at Shireen and Caro in the courtyard. 

"Perhaps, but that wasn't Ned Stark's way." Stannis remarked. 

"I should have given you a son". Selyse hissed. 

"Not your fault." Stannis offered softly. 

"You have never used a sword?" Caro questioned and Shireen shook her head. "How about archry?" Again she shook her head. "Would you like to learn?"

"Would you teach me?" Shireen questioned hopefully. 

"I would love to." Caro agreed. "What do you do for fun if you dont do swordplay?" Caro mused as she got a bow for Shireen. 

"I read a lot." Shireen remarked. 

"Oh I loved reading to my nieces and nephews. What do you like to read?" Caro offered. 

"History." Shireen declared. 

"History, well you certainly are original." Caro remarked. "I only ever liked Targaryen history, but dont tell anyone else that of they might have my head." 

"You like Targaryen history?" Shireen whispered. 

"Of course! Visenya Targaryen, Davina Targaryen, they are the warrior women I aspire to be. My youngest niece, Arya she shared my love of swordplay, we would train constantly, we read the stories from king Aegon the firsts reign, the wars his sisters partook in. It was amazing. They were amazing..." 

"Could I be like you?" Shireen questioned. 

"You be like you." Caro corrected. "Because you are perfect." Shireen smiled up at her as she got her bow in position and helped her with her aim. 

"Whose then?" Selyse countered. "I gave you nothing but weakness." she corrected and glared back at their daughter. Greyscale covered her but they had stopped the growth. "And deformity."

"Those scars mean nothing to the Lord of Light." The red woman assured coming up behind them.

"My Lady."

"Her father is the Lord's chosen King. And her father's blood runs through her veins." The red woman declared staring down at Caro and Shireen. "The Stark... she has fire in her."