33. Full Tilt

Ramsay, Smalljon Umber, and Harald Karstark met with Jon, Sansa, Tormund, Caro, Davos, and Lyanna Mormont joined together at the battlefield the day before the battle. Jon offered Ramsay a chance to settle their dispute with Ramsay.  

"My beloved wife." Ramsay declared. "I've missed you terribly. Thank you for returning Lady Bolton safely." Sansa scoffed. "Now, dismount and kneel before me, surrender your army and proclaim me the true Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North." Jon stared back at him, the nerve of this man. Caro wasnt happy with Sansas confessions but Caro had asked. Maybe she should have let sleeping dogs lie. But that wasnt important Rickon was. 

"I will pardon you for deserting the Night's Watch. I will pardon these treasonous lords for betraying my house. Come, bastard, you don't have the men, you don't have the horses, and you don't have Winterfell." Ramsay taunted. "Why lead those poor souls into slaughter? There's no need for a battle. Get off your horse and kneel. I'm a man of mercy." Ramsay declared.

"You're right." Jon agreed. "There's no need for a battle. Thousands of men don't need to die. Only one of us. Let's end this the old way. You against me." Jon offered and Ramsay chuckled out.

"I keep hearing stories about you, bastard. The way people in the North talk about you, you're the greatest swordsman who ever walked. Maybe you are that good. Maybe not. I don't know if I'd beat you." Ramsay admitted. "But I know that my army will beat yours." Ramsay declared pompously. "I have 6,000 men. You have, what, half that? Not even?" Ramsay mused.

"Aye, you have the numbers." Jon agreed. "Will your men want to fight for you when they hear you wouldn't fight for them?" Jon shouted.

"He's good. Very good. Tell me, will you let your little brother die because you're too proud to surrender?" Ramsay declared. 

"How do we know you have him?" Caro countered and shaggy dogs head as thrown sown before them.

"Now, if you want to save--" Ramsay began.

'We refuse your offer of surrender.' Caro informed him calmy. 'Now, you can fight Jon or myself and get this over this....' Caro offered she was itching for a fight. She needed to punch someone, Ramsay had a punchable face. 

"Is that... Carolina Stark? Or is it Lannister?" Ramsay remarked "Look at you.' Ramsey said looking her over.

'look at me.' Caro repeated through gritted teeth. 'and look at you. Still a small man climbing on everyone else's rotting corpses, rigging the game to better suit you.'

'Perhaps when this is done I change your name to Bolton-' ramsay began.

'when this is done you will be dead.' Caro corrected him.

"You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton." Sansa declared "Sleep well."

"She's a fine woman, your sister. I look forward to having her back in my bed. And you're all fine-looking men. My dogs are desperate to meet you. " Ramsay declared.

"I haven't fed them for seven days. They're ravenous. I wonder which parts they'll try first. Your eyes? Your balls? We'll find out soon enough. In the morning, then, bastard." Ramsay taunted. 

+

'winterfell is our home.' Sansa told him. 'we have to fight for it. But jon didn't want to fight anymore.

'the Boltons are a force. We need more men then we have, better men.' Jon reminded them.

'or one. Good. Shot.' Caro countered. They all stared at her. "I'm a good shot. Plus I have enough anger to fuel me past insanity."