"Lydia!" Her father yells, "Prince Stiles is going to be here in approximately half an hour. Take this seriously. Your future of queen is on the line."

"Half an hour? Why are you just telling me this now?" Lydia exclaims, panic filling her.

"He is coming earlier than we expected. We thought he wouldn't be here for another day but the prince left early." Her father informs.

"Oh dear, Lydia. Please change your dress it is horrendous." Her mother makes a disgusted face and Lydia looks down at her dress then back to her mother.

"You bought me this dress."

"Which is something I regret." Her mother says. "When you are ready the guards will escort you." Lydia watches as her parents walk out of her room and the wooden doors shut.

Half an hour. Prince Stiles would be here in half an hour. How have her parents just found out now? The princess rummaged through her closet, trying to find something more presentable and something that her mom wouldn't cringe at. After Lydia found a decent dress, she put it on and dug out a small wooden box from under her bed and dug out a key from inside one of her books. She unlocked the box which revealed her small, gold crown.

Crowns are usually kept locked in the safest room, but her mother and father figured that safest place to store things was in Lydia's room since no one gets in there. Lydia has all kinds of valuable items scattered throughout her room but has never bothered to pay much attention them; she didn't care. Lydia place the crown on top of her head then put the box and key back where they belong. She opened her room doors and the dozen guards turned their heads to her. "Let's go." Lydia says while closing her room door.

The guards start walking and she crossed her hands in front of her, fixed her posture, and held her head up high. As the guards escorted her through the castle, people stared. It's usually a rare sight to see the princess so when Lydia does come out of her room, everyone stares. She tried not to look at anyone or make eye contact, so she kept her eyes focused on the back of one of the guards head.

The guards escorted her down the stairs of the castle and outside. Once they got out of the castle and walked past the gates, things become more clear. She saw a path that was lined with guards on the edge and a carriage at the end of the path. Lydia spotted her parents, who were standing behind the line of guards and she walked over to them. "All of this fuss just for a prince?" She questions, "There's at least thirty guards out here."

"Thirty guards here to protect us in case someone tries to assassinate us." Her mother replies then scans her daughters outfit, "Much better. I don't know why I bought you that other rubbish dress in the first place."

"If I recall correctly, you said you bought the dress because it was the prettiest dress you've ever seen and thought that it would look stunning on me." Lydia replies, raising her eyebrow at the queen.

"My dear, Lydia." Her mom rolled her eyes, "If you keep that attitude up then you'll send the prince running back to England."

"I'm sorry that my people skills aren't that great, but it's hard when you've been locked up for nineteen years." Lydia fires back at her mother with anger growing inside her.

"Okay that's enough." Her father says, "You both are giving me a headache."

Lydia let out a loud, annoyed breath and raised her head higher. Ever since she could remember, her mother has always been a bitter lady. She may love her parents, but that doesn't mean she doesn't get annoyed at them. Lydia figured that being king and queen comes with an ego that's larger than Canada.

Trumpets began to play that interrupted Lydia's thoughts. Trumpets only played when someone royal was coming to the castle or any special occasion. "Don't mess this up." Her mother warns.