Du Heng held an oil lamp, opened the door and stood by the door frame, a warm yellow lamp was enough to dispel the darkness of the room.

After the twelfth lunar month, it became colder. Du Heng was already sleeping lightly, but he heard the sound of mice scurrying around on the beams in the house for a while, and then he heard cats meowing, which made him unable to sleep.

It wasn't until a cat shadow flashed by that he struggled to get up from the bed. He wanted to drive the wild cat out, but he saw Qin Xiaoman who was holding a stick tightly: "What's wrong?"

"I...I heard a noise, and I'm afraid a thief may have come in."

When Qin Xiaoman saw Du Heng, he didn't know whether he was holding the oil lamp to light it up or what. He didn't even know that he was relieved, and his tense nerves were relaxed in an instant.

Although he didn't do anything, he seemed to have done a lot of hard work, and his hands and feet were a little weak.

"The door is well fastened. When a night cat slipped in and barked behind my house earlier, I'm afraid it made a sound following the mouse's desire to catch it."

Du Heng comforted: "I was thinking about how to get the cat out first, so I let it get up, but I didn't expect to wake you up."

"That's good." Qin Xiaoman murmured after hearing this: "It's okay for a kitten and a mouse."

Du Heng saw that Qin Xiaoman's expression was not right, and there was still a thin layer of sweat on his forehead. He said softly: "Go back to the house and sleep, don't you have to go to the city tomorrow. I'll be on guard, it's okay."

Qin Xiaoman looked up at Du Heng, walked over to support him: "Okay, I'll take you into the room first, then go back to sleep."

Du Heng followed Qin Xiaoman back to the house, and couldn't help but glance at the person who was supporting him. He noticed that Qin Xiaoman's hands were shaking again.

Qin Xiaoman tucked the quilt up for Du Heng, his movements were very light and slow, and his mind was a little erratic, Du Heng didn't urge him. After a while, Qin Xiaoman felt that he had dawdled for too long, and said, "Then I'm going back to the room."

Du Heng suddenly grabbed his wrist: "If you are afraid, I will accompany you."

Qin Xiaoman was obviously stunned, he wavered for a moment, but immediately said: "What am I afraid of, what else is there to be afraid of at home. I used to live alone for so long, and now there are two living people! It's nothing So scary..."

As he spoke, Qin Xiaoman didn't even know that his tone gradually weakened.

But he really couldn't say that he was afraid of having someone to accompany him. He was afraid that people would know his weakness and break free from Du Heng's hand and run back to the house.

How could the elder not understand the mind of the younger, Du Heng let him argue, seeing the person who was about to go out, he hurriedly said: "It is inconvenient for me to get up at night, if you are here, I will ask you to help."

Qin Xiaoman looked at Du Heng, rubbed his arms, and pursed his lips: "That's right, then, then I'll sleep here tonight."

Du Heng coughed dryly: "Don't you have a couch in your room, I sleep on the couch."

Qin Xiaoman didn't argue with Du Heng this time.

Du Heng moved the nest, and saw Qin Xiaoman tirelessly moved all the quilts and mattresses and spread them on the couch. They were very warm. Although they were a little smaller than the bed, they were still adequate.

Now that the two of them were in the same room, Qin Xiaoman no longer felt frightened, curled up under the blanket, and heard Du Heng's breathing, his anxious heart gradually calmed down.

He thought in his heart that he had poured a lot of water for him before going to bed a few days ago, and he thought that when he got up at night, he needed someone to watch him in the same room, but no one knew that he would not.

But the next is a crooked hit.

"When Zhuzi and Er Niu went to play in the yard, they told me about the previous incident."

Qin Xiaoman moved under the quilt when he heard the sound, no matter how stupid he was, he knew that Du Heng came down the steps for him, and he felt that Du Heng really treated him like a child.

But there seems to be nothing wrong.

Hearing his words, Qin Xiaoman responded, "Yes."

At the end of autumn and the beginning of winter this year, a man with dirty hands and feet sneaked into the house, opened his granary and almost carried away a large sack of rice.

He still remembers that in the dark night, the man sneaked from one house to another, and he was so powerful that he opened the lock with an iron needle, and the door latch could be loosened gently.

If he hadn't drank a bowl of water to wake up at night, he really didn't dare to think what would happen to the man when he found out that he was the only one in the room.

Although nothing was lost in the end, this matter still left a root cause in his heart.

For a long time, when I closed my eyes at night, I always saw the pockmarked face with triangular eyes and hooked nose.

Later, thinking that it would not work like this, he went to find Zhao Qi and asked when the two of them would get married when they were old enough. If he hadn't asked, he would not have known that the Zhao family had long thought of repentance.

"I remember that my second uncle told me that I think you will be much safer if you have been there. Why don't you want to go?"

When Du Heng first learned that Duqin Xiaoman lived alone, he sighed. Living with a little brother is not a good choice after all.

Qin Xiaoman turned over when he heard the words, and faced the direction where Du Heng was sleeping: "Second uncle treated me well since he was a child. It is a good arrangement after my father's death to live with my second uncle. But you have seen my second aunt Yes, I have been at loggerheads with him for as long as I can remember, first because of my visit to my second uncle's house, the house was noisy every day, and there was no peace for a moment."

"What my second aunt means is that I can't live there for nothing. The family's unworthy land is said to belong to the other side, and the pension paid by the county government is used as child support, and it is said that it is kept as a dowry for me. .Is it possible that I don't know her virtues?"

Although the second uncle will support him in the past, but the man is running outside after all, and the family is still run by his aunt. When the time comes, he will definitely work for their family for nothing, and the pension will still be occupied by his aunt. He must find someone to marry at will, and his aunt will take the gift money to his cousin to marry a wife if he doesn't guarantee the gift money.

Naturally, this was the worst idea, his second uncle would not completely let his second aunt decide, but no matter what, as long as he passed, quarrels at home would be inevitable.

"Second Uncle treats me well, so why should I go there and make Second Uncle's family feel uneasy, it's hard for everyone."

Du Heng frowned, originally he thought it would be a bit capricious for Brother to just find a man to come back to be her husband, but after understanding all kinds of things, he found that he had already made many plans, so this is actually a good way.

"It's okay, it's all over, and life will get better little by little."

Qin Xiaoman was lying on the bed, and when he heard Du Heng's gentle voice, he hugged the quilt and raised the corners of his mouth.

He thought so too.