"I'm back!"

As soon as he arrived at the gate of the courtyard, Qin Xiaoman yelled towards the house. As soon as he finished speaking, he heard the door open.

He was happy, and hurriedly opened the door to go in, and sure enough, he saw Du Heng standing at the door of the house.

"What's the smell?" Qin Xiaoman smelled it when he entered the courtyard: "Second Aunt has shown mercy and sent over the cooked meat?"

Du Heng smiled, looked at Qin Xiaoman whose hair was a little wet, and reached out to pick up the pannier he was carrying: "No, Second Uncle brought the meat this afternoon."

"Then why is it so fragrant?"

Before Du Heng could answer, he saw Qin Xiaoman put down his back basket and hurried into the kitchen, and he followed with a limp.

"You...you cooked?!"

Qin Xiaoman sniffed the smell and lifted the lid of the pot, looking at a plate of steaming fried shredded pork with pickles, a pot of steaming white rice, and radishes in the water of warming vegetables.

A delicious and hot soup!

Qin Xiaoman was shocked and couldn't reply, saying that not only that, there was also cooked pig food in the other pot, and Du Heng did all the things he was thinking about when he came back.

Du Heng coughed dryly. The food he cooked by himself should not be considered soft food: "See if it suits your appetite."

It's great to have a mouthful of hot food when you go home, who is picky about whether it suits your appetite or not.

Qin Xiaoman was so excited and pleasantly surprised that he didn't know what to say, and kept rubbing the corner of his clothes on his side with his palm.

"The clothes are all wet, take a hot bath before eating, or you will be prone to wind and cold."

Du Heng was very happy to see him, as if he didn't know what to do anymore, so he scooped hot water into the bucket for him.

Qin Xiaoman grabbed the gourd water ladle: "I'll come, I'll come!"

Seeing the person walking briskly to the clean room with a bucket in his hand, his face blushed slightly as he thought about his fainting, and he didn't want to step forward to help carry the bucket in.

Under the eaves, he took out the coir raincoat from Qin Xiaoman's basket, shook it and hung it on the wall, and saw that the basket was half full of chestnuts.

The mountain chestnuts are small. At this time, the thorn bag has been cracked to reveal the reddish-brown chestnuts inside. All of them are plump, and they have obviously been selected.

Du Heng suddenly remembered that yesterday he saw Zhao Qi coming to deliver chestnuts, and when he was talking to Qin Xiaoman, he casually mentioned that it was the season to eat chestnuts.

He seemed to realize something, tightened his hand holding the chestnut, and looked towards the clean room.

"When I was digging the bamboo shoots, I saw that the chestnuts were growing well, so I picked some and came back. There are many on that tree." Qin Xiaoman came out to take out his clothes and saw Du Heng looking at the chestnuts, and said, "As a result, I didn't dig two of the winter bamboo shoots, but picked them." A lot of chestnuts came back."

"Take it and sell it in the city and there are not many, so let's eat it."

Du Heng looked at Qin Xiaoman, feeling a little unspeakable in his heart.