SIXTEEN

Começar do início

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked, which made even Vision look at him.

"Because we didn't think of it," he said in the form of a question.

"I'm sure you did your best," she smiled.

"Can you do it?" Wanda Maximoff, Vision's girlfriend, asked.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asked.

"As long as you can give me," she said.

Kimoyo beads started to trill, which made Okoye look at them. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," Sam Wilson told Steve

Cap looked at T'Challa while he looked back. Everyone was watching what was happening outside.

"It's too late," Vision said as Shuri helped him get off the table. "We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision, get your ass back on the table," Natasha Romanoff said as she started leaving.

"We will hold them off," T'Challa said as he nodded at Ada, making her nod back.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell."
"I will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield."

Shuri grabbed Ada's arm before she could go fight.

"Ada. Be careful. Please."

"I will. Promise."

They exchanged a quick kiss before Shuri said something that would change their relationship for the better.

"I love you," Shuri smiled
"I love you, too," Ada smiled back.

The two of them were both aware that this would be a dangerous mission, and they embraced each other for a few moments before leaving. They had promised each other that no matter what happened, they would remain together in their minds and fight for Wakanda.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked him.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually..."

Before he could finish, he tripped over a rock and fell. Okoye passed by him and gave him a side-eye.

"I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey said over comms.

The Dora Milaje and the Border Tribe were by the border, ready to protect Wakanda. Ada, in her suit with the mask covering her face, heard M'Baku and the Jabari chant come closer.