We were walking side by side towards the parking lot. She was smiling the entire time.

"Thank you for coming." She tilted her head as she spoke.

"Thank you for inviting me." I replied looking at her.

"I thought you won't come." She accused.

"How could I miss it?" I said.

She looked at her feet to hide her blush from me.

After sometime she looked at me, her eyes staring at mine, "You didn't even wish me yet."

I didn't? Oops.

I placed my hand on her cheek and eyed her for a long time before leaning forward. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and said, "Happy Birthday, Sameera."

She smiled. The most contagious one I have ever seen. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her.

"Bhai." I blinked and seperated myself from her before looking at my brother who just broke this special moment.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go?"

"Yeah." I said and looked at Sameera and said her a small bye before leaving with Karthik towards my car.

The conversation I had with Mr. Oberoi has left me confused. Does Sameera really has feelings for me?

Isn't it too soon for her. It's just been a couple of months, she has got to know about Nikhil's infidelity and deceit. Is she over him? If she is, then how can she be in love with him.

It's been years, and I still love Sameera. I have never been able to stop myself from loving her. I have been lying to myself for years that I didn't, thinking that someday I would start believing my lies. But, it is easier said than done. All it took for Sameera to reappear in front of me for my feelings to again knock on my door. Ever since, I have seen Sameera's picture of kissing someone that is not me, I have never been able to mend my broken heart. So, how is it so easy for Sameera to forget Nikhil and move on. Or maybe she is strong enough to move on from things that don't matter anymore for her. Or, maybe, just maybe, and hopefully not, I am reading too much into it? Maybe she doesn't have any feelings for me and is only looking for a friend in me? Everyone else is reading too much into it and confusing her friendship as attraction.

"Bhai, aren't we going to drive?" Karthik's hushed voice made me realise that I am sitting in my car, lost in my thoughts and he is waiting for me to start driving.

"I am sorry." I said and drived the car out of the parking lot.

"Bhai, are you thinking about Ms. Sameera?"

"No...why are you asking?" I lied.

"I just thought. I know you love her." He said.

"Can we not talk about her?"

"Why? Did something happen today?" He asked me concerned.

"My baby boy is worried for me?" I asked teasing him.

"You have always taken care of us. You have filled the gap of a father for me, bhai. Since the young age you have taken care of us. But what about you. You know you can share your problems with us. Right?" Karthik said.

"You are too young to think about all of these, Karthik. I am fine. Trust me. When I see Kavya and you happy, that's enough for me. That's all I need. And don't say all of these in front of mom. If she listens, she will feel bad." I said.

"She already does. Because we don't know anything about you! She feels she hasn't taken enough care of you and loaded you with responsibilities at a young age and because of that, now all you think about is us. You are already so distant with us! Apart from Kavya, no one knows anything about you, Bhai!"