The closer she got, the more she realised that although the figure's back was familiar, their clothing and posture was not. Instead of a disheveled, masculine clothing, the body was replaced by a neat burgundy, feminine kimono. Instead of typically laying down lazily, the figure was sitting on the back of their legs and their hands were in their lap. Akito turned to face her and Ichika's eyes widened in surprise.

Now she understood why the Head Maid regarded Akito as her. It was because Akito was a female all along.

Her lips were painted red and she wore light and very pretty make up, Ichika noted. Her hair was clipped to the side with a red flower pin and the eyes that usually held contempt and anger now regarded her gently.

"Come sit, Ichika," Akito beckoned softly.

The blue-haired Sohma bit her bottom lip and did as she was told, sitting in the same position as Akito and beside her, making sure to keep a small distance between them in case of anything. It was good to be cautious.

The Head shifted her body to face her, eyes withholding sadness as they fell on the younger girl. The next thing Akito did surprised her.

With a lowered head, forehead almost touching the ground, Ichika shocked to see Akito bowing so deeply to her. She balled her fists in her lap as the sudden action became uncomfortable for her.

"First and foremost, I would like to apologise to you," Akito stated with her voice quivering slightly. "I know all the things I've done to you have scarred you for life and I don't know how to tell you how sorry I am."

Ichika gazed upon Akito in complete silence, and she lifted herself from her bowed position.

"I was hurt so much as a child and it carried on to my adulthood, but I know that is no excuse for me to take it out on you. I was hateful towards you, I wronged you and the others, and I was a jealous and selfish person. I—"

"Just saying sorry, isn't enough." Ichika admitted, cutting the girl off.

Akito nodded her head sadly. "I know. I just... I wanted to tell you how sorry I am."

"How can I trust that you're truly sorry?" Ichika voiced with uncertainty. "How can you just do a 360 change under a week into some sort of angel now as if what you put us through for years was nothing!"

The blue-haired Sohma bit her bottom lip harder as tears welled up in her eyes. She scolded herself for becoming so emotional despite practicing before their meeting to stay collected. Akito lowered her head with shame.

"I'm sorry for never noticing the pain you carried since you were a child. You needed help with your demons... but what you did to us, to me, was wrong." She struggled to speak as a pain rose up her throat but she forced her words out knowing whatever she needed to say, needed to be said now. 

Ichika pushed herself up onto her feet and dusted off her knees. "Everyone may forgive you, but I don't think I can. Not now, at least, because I have more healing to do. Just as you do too," She stated. "I came here for just the purpose of telling you that, and now I've fulfilled my duty."