(53)

unrevised.
/ chapter 53 /

"Here are some ice packs for your eyes if you'd like," Hatori offered, passing over a pack for her to hold.

The blunette sniffled and sounded out a thank you from her hoarse voice as she took his offer. She placed the pack onto her eyes and rested them, feeling a cold sensation on her swollen lids.

"Sorry about before, Hatori-san. You saw an embarrassing part me of again." She giggled slightly, referring to her outburst earlier.

It seems like she cries most when she's with Hatori. It wasn't a bad thing though, it just meant she was comfortable enough to cry in front of him. Her years of suppressing her emotions have come to an end. She didn't need to worry about getting hit or being yelled out merely for expressing what she was feeling, unlike several months ago.

"By the way, I thought you had work? Is it okay leave so early?"

Ichika removed the ice packs from her eyes and glanced at the time. It was around six p.m. close to dinner time. After a moment, the realisation had hit her. She had only planned to have a small nap during the day but ended up sleeping until almost the evening?!

Her cheeks turned red from the embarrassment from mistaking the time. She could have sworn it was still early in the morning!

The flustered expression made Hatori chuckle a little.

"I came over to pick you up." He smiled as he guided her hand up to hold the ice pack on her eyes again.

"Pick me up...?" She wondered.

"Yes. Have you forgotten? I placed a reservation at a restaurant to take you out for dinner tonight."

Ichika almost gasped. Because she had lost track of time, she'd forgotten about their d-d-date! How could she?! Hatori had even called her up the day before to let her know of his arrangements.

"I-I'm so sorry, I'll get changed immediately!" She got up from the bed as quick as a bolt of lightning, but not before feeling Hatori's hand
clasp her wrist with a firm, but gentle grip. She looked back at him with surprise but instead of seeing him in view, there was a box.

"This...?" She trailed off speechlessly, slowly taking his offer.

"I want you to have it. Please wear it for tonight." He said, and before she could ask, he had left through the door to give her space to change.

Ichika looked down at the box in curiosity and settled it onto the bed. Getting down onto her knees, she gulped and her shaky hands approached the lid of the box, ever so lightly and delicately lifting it up as if it were a fragile thing. Anything given by Hatori was precious to her, she must not break it.

Her eyes widened when the landed on what was inside the box.

It was a white lace dress with a blue material. The same one she saw months ago on display at a store, same one she gazed at through the window. She couldn't believe it.

She hurriedly tried it on and looked at herself in the mirror. The dress fell to her knees and had an off the shoulder effect. It cinched at the waist and was flowy for the rest. She absolutely loved it when pairing it with white heels. The blue material matched her hair perfectly.

No one had gifted her something so beautiful before. She didn't think she was worthy of anything beautiful until today.

Grabbing her clutch she headed straight out of her room to immediately find Hatori who'd been waiting for her this entire time with his back against the wall, arms crossed and eyes closed. However, upon hearing the click
clacking of her heels, he peered opened his eyes to glance in her direction.