(29)

unrevised.
/ chapter 29 /

"Alright, I'll be there soon." Hatori nodded, before removing the phone away from his ear and tapping the end call button.

He remained staring at the screen of his phone for a little with his thoughts clouded.

"I'm done, Hatori-san." Ichika said as soon as she exited the final store, hands occupied with more bags, and had quickly spotted the male Dragon.

After spending an hour or two at the video arcade, Hatori decided to take her to do more shopping in order to urge her to get more things like he'd promised. She reluctantly did as she was told, though still feeling guilty with spending his money, and did the best she could to get only the things she really needed.

Noticing the familiar look on his face, she walked right up to him. "You're making that expression again. Is everything alright?" She asked.

The Doctor looked up from his phone and let out a soft breath. He squeezed the phone in his hands. "It's Kisa. She's having some issues at the moment with her school and her family, so Hatsuharu had temporarily brought her over to Shigure's house just after we left to town but.. she's not taking everything so well. I just got off the phone with Yuki and heard she bit Tohru."

Ichika nodded and placed the pieces together. The phone call a few hours earlier must have something to do with Kisa's situation. Although Kisa was another member of the Zodiac she'd never met but heard of before, Ichika could tell Hatori was growing worried for both Kisa and Tohru.

"Hatori-san, we should head home." The bluenette suggested.

Hatori agreed, but reluctantly. "Yes. And I apologise for not telling you earlier. I didn't want to worry you as well and I just wanted to you to enjoy tod—"

Ichika shook her head and smiled softly, stopping him from trying to explain. She knew Hatori took her out with the excuse that she needed to buy more necessities when it was really more than that. He wanted a way to make her feel less lonely and trapped. After all, he was a very observing man, and a kind one at that. She knew he had nothing but good intentions and understood completely.

She was very grateful.

Adjusting the bags together in her hands, she took a few steps away from him before she swung them around to hold them behind her and finally turned to look at him again. The warm smile remaining as the sunlight shone on her face.

"Let's go, Hatori-san."

Hatori was dazed as a result but had quickly snapped out of it and nodded his head.

*

*

*

*

On the way home Hatori had informed her that the reason why Kisa was temporarily taking shelter under Shigure's roof was because she had run away from home after suffering a series of threats at school. Bullying, was what it was called, and it had been happening for quite some time now.

Hatsuharu apparently found her in her Zodiac form somewhere and took her away but.. the mental damage she suffered had already been done.

Just by hearing the brief explanation of what was happening, Ichika couldn't help but immediately sympathise with her, learning the fact that she was quite young and was already suffering some form of abuse.

By the time the two Dragon's arrived back at Shigure's house, they were greeted by Tohru who had on nothing but her usual smile as she let them in. Ichika immediately noticed the bandaging that was wrapped around her hand.