Pt 21

"Sunny?"

The voice was elegant, slightly deeper than most girl's voices, smooth and silky and lovely.

I turned my head around to see my sister standing in the doorway, her eyes wide.

Basil scrambled off of me, but it was too late. Mari had seen us.

"Mind if I come in?" She asked.

It was too hard for me to determine her connotation on her question.

Basil and I both nodded our heads.

She walked over to us and sat down on the bed, right between us. It was unclear if she meant to separate us or not. After all, 4 years have gone by. She could've changed during her coma.

"SUNNY... I want to talk to you." 

I nod my head. "Do you want to um... leave BASIL alone? He doesn't need to hear our conversation... does he?"

MARI gives a slight smile. "No, he doesn't. But judging by what I walked in on today, you two haven't changed one bit... I'm... impressed." She gives a wink to BASIL, directing her words at him, in a half joking, half serious manner, "He's fragile. Keep him safe... or else."

She stands up. 

"I'm not really supposed to be out of my bed, some come on back to my room." She says.

I nod my head, and stand up as well, and follow her down to her room, where she sits down on the bed, and I sit in a chair beside her.

"How has the past four years been?" She asks.

I can't reply.