Pt 5

MORE THAN NORMAL AMOUNTS OF YELLING, CURSING, MENTAL BREAKDOWNS, SUICIDE TALK

_______________________________________________________________________________

"BASIL, how have you been doing while I've been away?" I ask him.

BASIL laughs. "Honestly, I've been doing FUCKING TERRIBLE." He laughs again, sounding crazy. "I almost FUCKING KILLED MYSELF because I can't FUCKING COPE with everything alone!"

"You self harm." It should be a question, but between us, its a statement.

BASIL replies, "And so what if I do? You don't FUCKING CARE!!! I showed up to school once, my arms bloody, with short sleeves, and no one asks if I'm ok because I'm BASIL, so I have to be the calm one, the one who's ok, I DON'T GET TO BE NOT OK! And you do."

Tears are rushing down his face, and his eyes are red, and his cheeks are unusually flushed while the rest of him is unusually pale.

It starts to rain outside, but luckily, the tree house keeps us dry.

"I get it. I'm a terrible person." I say, completely honest. "I shouldn't have left you."

"Would you care if I killed myself?" BASIL asks, his voice soft and shaky.

There's a part of me that wonders if he's planning on killing himself.

"Of course I would." I tell him, placing my hand on his.

"I should probably getting going." BASIL says suddenly.

"Ok... I love you." I reply, kissing him.

He kisses me back, and then leaves the tree house.

I stay in the treehouse all night.

(222 words)