Pt 15

"I know." I say. "But wouldn't you do the same?"

AUBREY looks away from me for a second. "I've thought about doing and done stupid things over the past four years. So I can't exactly say no. But I can't exactly say yes either. It's just..."

Tears start to form in her eyes. She brushes them away with a single stroke of her hand across her face. She wipes her hands on her skirt, then continues.

"I had to be tough. I had to face my feelings, and maybe I faced them in a bad way, because all my sadness became anger. I traded DEPRESSED for FURIOUS. And I gained unhealthy habits, and I hurt those I loved. I really, really hurt someone I loved."

Who is she talking about?

AUBREY takes a deep breath before continuing. "KIM'S finger is permanently bent a certain way, and it's my fault. I got FURIOUS at her... and I broke her finger... and it didn't heal right."

AUBREY chokes back a sob. "Because I didn't know how to properly manage my feelings, I hurt someone I loved. I hurt the person I loved the most."

You LOVED her and you KILLED her.

HERO LOVED her and you KILLED her.

AUBREY LOVED her and you KILLED her.

BASIL LOVED her and you KILLED her.

KEL LOVED her and you KILLED her.

YOU LOVED HER AND YOU KILLED HER.

"And then I directed my FURIOUS at myself. And I'm still learning how to not do that." AUBREY tells me. "The easiest way to direct you MISERABLE may be at yourself. But the easiest way is sometimes not the best way."

________________________________________________________________________________

I fucking love auby

<3