//46//: J'taime Mie Amour

Start from the beginning

"Normal people usually knock and ask for their property back. Come on, get down from there." He instructed. I wanted to argue but then I didn't have enough power to argue with this grumpy man. So I did as he said. He reached out his arms to catch me as I extended mine and my body. He slowly dropped me down, his hands still on my waist.

I loved his hands whenever they are on my waist. It's so soft and relaxing. He was about to let go when I intentionally almost tripped so his grip on it was now firm. "You good?"

I shook my head putting one hand on his shoulder. "Please walk me back inside." I pouted and right the I could tell he knew my intentions so he just played along letting out a small chuckle.

"Sani go get her basketball from the neighbor's house." He sent an order as we ambled back inside.

"Who gave you the ball?" He questioned out of the blue. He wasn't even looking at me, he was typing something on his phone. "Which ball?" I tried to act dumb but I knew the man was way too intelligent to be fooled by me.

He locked his phone dropping it next to him as he yawed his attention towards me. "You've got more than twenty basketballs in this house but yet you tried jumping over a fence like the crazy person you are—just to get it back. It must be a special ball, who gave it to you?"

I sighed the used my palms to cover my eyes. "It was Kubra. She got it for me on my nineteenth birthday."

"Why do you still care about her? I thought the friendship is long gone." He raised a brow. I managed to avoid his gaze as I found more interest in the carpet.

"It's complicated." Honestly, I miss all my friends. Seeing their endless texts, calls, apology letter they send everyday, why wouldn't I miss them? I still love them as much as I previously did. No matter what they did to me everyone deserves a second chance. Years back, I couldn't have imagined staying at least a week without speaking to them.

"Just say how you feel, don't let me influence you because I'm still as heartless as I was."

"No you're not, you're nice and sweet now." I chuckled pulling his cheeks. He's nowhere near heartlessness. Well, at least to me.

"You're a bad influence!"

"Whatever you say, Jerkilace."

We were both quiet for five minutes when he decided to break the silence. "Hey."

I smiled just as I heard his beautiful voice. Everything about him is beautiful. His voice, his walking pattern, his well built body, his face, his handwriting, his gestures, his hickeys, his hugs, his hands on my waist, just everything. Day by day I keep thanking Baba Kaka for entangling us together because I don't think there's any man that would make me happier than Farooq does. No man can ever match up to his position in my life.

I constantly ask myself where I stand in his life or where he stands in my own life? Apart from the marriage title, what are we?

"I think it's high time we go on a vacation." He held my hands in his offering a soft smile.

"Like a honeymoon?" I squealed loudly clapping my hands repeatedly.

He chuckled lightly. "Whatever you girls refer to it as."

I've been tired of this country for a long while. A vacation or rather a sweet honeymoon is what I need or maybe what we both need to get away from reality.

"But where to?"

He unlocked his phone and scrolled down his camera roll until he stopped at a picture, sticking his phone directly on my face. The rate of my heartbeat increased in elatedness as my eyes were pinned on the alluring view. Is this a dream come true or what?