Chapter-48

Sorry for the late and irregular updates but some serious sh*t is going on in my personal life and I'm not even able to concentrate on my studies so yeah I'm not able to write anything for now.

Hopefully, things will get over soon and I'll be back on track but for now I won't promise anything.

Also, thanks a lot for being patient with the story and me.

Leave your precious votes, comments!

Happy reading!

Note- The chapter is unedited.

💙

|Anything less than hope would have been just another half-hearted compromise cus' the foundation of their love had always been trust|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

I wasn't slightly shocked right now. Maybe because I saw this coming earlier from the first day itself when I agreed to jump into this half-hearted proposition for the sake of my family or precisely for my father who has never been the Papa I longed for as long as I can remember. I was meant to be deceived by people not just because they're too good at manipulation but also because I was a fool that needed to be fooled around again and again.

"Why didn't you say anything, madam?" The old guard uncle's question reached up my ears and I could sense displeasure in his tone for the way I acted dumbly a while ago. "You didn't have to listen to anyone talk nonsense like this. If you had answered him back, he would not have had the courage to be disrespectful to you."

A bizarre laughter bubbled up in my chest. I could bet my life that if by any means my father would've heard this then he surely might've disowned me on the spot. No explanations. No chances. Absolutely nothing.