17. CONFRONTATION

Unfortunately, Mikaela would be up most of the night and sleep during the day. Candice became exhausted and passed out anywhere comfortable enough. Thankfully, she had a very supportive system. Her friends noticed and cared for Mikaela while she rested.

At a tingle in her head, Candice stirred in her bed. She opened one eye halfway before closing it and turning to her stomach. When Mason's soothing laughter echoed in her head, her heart fluttered. Hello.

Hello, mon amour.

I miss you.

I miss you more.

Even though he kept in contact with her for the past few days, it was not the same as having him with her in person. Are you coming soon? When he didn't answer, she sat up. Mason, is something wrong?

Everything is fine. A pause. How is Mikkie?

She's doing great! You should see her smile. She's adorable.

She could feel his enlightenment. I'll be home later today if everything runs as planned. That made her heart jump with joy. Unfortunately, I have to cut our chat short. See you soon, mon amour.

See you... I love you.

Love you more.

The connection ended as Yvonne, Abigail, and Sheryl entered the room with Mikaela deep asleep. After she was in the crib, Sheryl waved goodbye and headed out the door while Abigail sat beside Candice. "Did you sleep well last night?"

"Did you all?"

Yvonne laughed. "We took turns with the baby—she kept waking up every two hours." She narrowed her eyes. "I don't think children are for me." They all laughed.

Candice grabbed the wolf charm, hesitating to say what she wanted. "I'm thinking about mating with Mason."

Abigail choked on the air. "What?"

Yvonne laughed her head off.

"Is it wrong?" Candice asked, her cheeks burning. "I've been thinking about it a lot."

Abigail placed her hand on her shoulder. "Are you certain? You don't feel pressured because of everything he has done, correct?"

"I want to because I love him."

"Have you discussed this with him?" Yvonne asked. "Part of me doubts he'll agree to mate. He has his full strength, you don't."

Candice ran her hands through her hair before lying back on the bed. "I'm aware of that."

Abigail lay beside her, meeting her gaze. "Are you certain you're ready?"

Her smile could blind anyone. "Oh, trust me. I'm sure. I've been making moves, but the moment I had him right before me... I backed out. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm nervous."

Yvonne sat beside her on the mattress corner. "I'll tell you what my mother told me." She paused, crystalline eyes on Candice. "Make sure you have no doubts. If you have to think about it, you're not ready and you should wait. Wait until you fall in love, trust this person, and feel completely safe. If at any moment you want to back out, that's okay. If something hurts you, speak out." She smiled. "And remember to use protection."

Candice hugged her, sensing her pain. "That's great advice."

Yvonne pulled back, a small smile on her lips. "But I'm also going to add to make sure he is sure as well. Don't pressure him into mating, okay?"

Intertwined Destinies: Blood Moon Series 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें