Chapter 10: Scammer

Start from the beginning

***

After the test ended I could hear the groans of the students around me. After doing the tests, it would be nice if we could go and entertain ourselves somewhere. Unfortunately, we still have to go through several subjects until the afternoon. I swear, when I come back later I will play games to my heart's content.

For the rest of the lesson, nothing surprising happened. But I feel a little strange because, for some reason, Satonaka keeps glancing at me. She thinks I didn't realize it but I can tell that she's looking my way every now and then. What was even stranger was that she didn't speak to me at all. Usually, if she needed something with me she would come straight to me, but today for some reason she was acting differently. Even when school time was over she still didn't approach me. Out of curiosity, I sent her a message.

"I noticed that you've been looking at me. What is it?"

I saw Satonaka from my seat. She stared at her phone for a few moments, as if unsure of what to answer. It took almost three minutes before she finally sent a reply.

Satonaka: "Meet me at the park. Precisely on the bench near the volleyball gymnase. I'll explain everything there."

I saw Satonaka leaving the classroom immediately with her friends. Somehow she doesn't want to talk directly to me in class. I don't know what she wants to talk about but it must be quite important. Wait a minute, don't tell me she wants to confess her feelings to me? Nah, no way. Whatever the reason, I decided to follow her wishes. I refused Minami's invitation to play in the arcade and headed straight for the park.

***

I went to the park as requested. I always like the atmosphere of the park in the afternoon. When the orange light seeps between the buildings and tree branches. I took a walk around the place that Satonaka was referring to, but I couldn't find her at all. What I met there was a man with glasses that I already know well.

My friend Higashi Teiichi was sitting on one of the park benches eating the bun. I'm so happy to see it. We haven't seen each other much lately due to Teiichi's busy schedule. Most of us occasionally chat in group chat. He looked a bit exhausted and he didn't wear his blazer, instead, it was placed beside him.

 He looked a bit exhausted and he didn't wear his blazer, instead, it was placed beside him

"Hey, Teiichi," I called him.

"Ah, Yukiharu, you finally came."

"You were waiting for me?"

"Yes, Satonaka-san called me here."

Satonaka and Teiichi have both joined the student council. Because of that, the two of them already knew each other well. What I don't understand is why did Satonaka call Teiichi here as well?

"Satonaka also sent me here, but she didn't say why. You know something Teiichi?"

"Satonaka is on her way here, I'll explain when she arrives. Take a seat, Yukiharu."