Page 17: Core Breakers - Part 1

"The time is the Great Pirate Era!"

"Countless pirates fight desperately for the One Piece, the great treasure left behind by Gold Roger, the Pirate King."

"(Y/N) (L/N), a young man whose body can transform into a buffalo after eating the Ox Ox Fruit Model Water Buffalo, also takes the sea to become the Pirate King."

"As (Y/N) and his friends overcome numerous adventures, the World Government is less and less able to ignore their existence."

"The crew, on its way to the New World, will speed along the Grand Line again today!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

The sound of gunshots could be heard on the south side, where Souta dodged and waved around Yoku's bullets. "So this is how pirates are nowadays? Do they just run? How pathetic," taunted Yoku, making Souta smile.

"Is that what you think? Then you should pay more attention," said Souta, making Youku raise an eyebrow. However, he furrowed his brows when he realised that steam surrounded him. "Steam Blind," said Souta. "Now let me show you how much I'm running," he smiled before Yoku's vision got obstructed.

With restricted vision, Yoku tried to find Souta but failed. "Mountain Steam," he heard before Souta thrust his staff in a flurry of attacks. Yoku couldn't follow Souta's unpredictable attacks, which made him grit his teeth. "Don't think you're the only one with sly tricks," he smirked before aiming his guns at the ground.

"Topaz Tempest!" he shouted, firing and creating topaz stones, forcing Souta to retreat. But Yoku was not done yet. "Don't think you can get away with this!" he said, jumping over the stones. "Radiant Rain!" he followed before firing at Souta in a rapid-fire flow, forcing him to twirl his staff to block the bullets.

Some managed to hit Souta, which made him wince at the pain. But he wasn't going to let Yoku change the flow of the fight. Souta ran toward Yoku, who kept his firing going but was shocked that Souta still managed to approach.

'Is he pushing through the pain?' he wondered, seeing some of his bullets hitting Souta without stopping him. 'In that case...' he lingered before rapidly reloading his gun and putting them together. "Trinket Cannon!" he shot a bigger topaz-concentrated bullet at Souta, who couldn't dodge it with how fast it went. "This was easy," smirked Yoku, twirling his guns.

"You're right. It was easy," suddenly said Souta. Yoku's eyes widened, hearing his voice before looking behind him. "Silent Burn!" said Souta, sending a rapid flurry of thrusts in Yoku's midsection.