Sweet Birthdays

I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking and decided to go check it out. Grabbing my robe and putting it on I made my way to the kitchen.

Walking in I saw everyone working together making breakfast. I could tell Pepper was taking charge and telling the others what to do.

"This is a sight to see." They all looked at me.

"What are you doing up?" Dad asked me.

"I smelt food, and I am hungry. I decided to see what was going on."

"Well, we had planned to bring it to you," Nat told me.

"But now you are here you can eat with us," Clint said.

"What is all of this for?"

"Well the last few years have been slightly, well a mess and we wanted to do something special for you because you are always doing things for everyone else," Dad told me.

"In other words, you deserve this after the disaster of the last few," Nat added.

Steve walked over to me and smiled.

"What they are trying to say is Happy Birthday." He leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips before looking at me.

"Thank you but you really don't need to do all of this. As nice and lovely as it all is, you don't need to make it a big day."

"That is where you are wrong, daughter of mine. Today is all about you and as such you are going to get everything you want."

"A quiet day."

"Well other than that, we want to celebrate you. So let us, you deserve it."

"Alright, I guess one day won't be that bad. What is first?"

"Breakfast, then they have planned all kinds of things for you, so be prepared for everything."

"Thanks, Pepper."

"Now set down and eat up," Nat said lightly pushing me to a chair and then setting a plate of food in front of me.

Over the next hour, I sat with all of them and we ate breakfast laughing and talking.

It had been nice they all were starting to truly get along and I could see them all becoming friends which was really nice to watch. I knew Phil would love to see them all so close together.

Once breakfast was eaten I looked at all of them.

"So what now?"

"Now you come with Pepper and me and we get you ready for a wonderful day."

"That makes me even more nervous Nat."

"Don't worry, it will be fine."

"I have heard that before."

"Come on." Nat came over to me before dragging me behind her and Pepper followed.

"If I'm not back in an hour, send back-up," I call out to the guys.

"Very funny, we will be fine." She tells them and then drags me to my room.

Once in my room, I look at them.
"So what am I wearing then?"

Nat pulled out a box and handed it to me.

Laying it on the bed I pull the box open and look at the dress inside. It was a beautiful light blue sundress that had a light ruffle at the end of the short sleeves and then flowed down into a beautiful flow of fabric that was shorter in the front and longer in the back.

"This is beautiful, you didn't need to do this."

"We know but we wanted to do it," Pepper told me with a smile.