Coming Clean

"What do you mean dad?"

"I think you know."

"Honestly I have no idea, there is a lot going on right now. It could be a number of things that you want to know about." I say as I walk over to the seating area and set down. The rest follow and Nat sets next to me.

"I think you know what he is talking about." She tells me.

"No, not really."

"Do you really have that many secrets?"

"You would be amazed at the things I know. Phil used to tell me it is because I spent too much time letting Mel teach me how to sneak around without getting caught. She said it was his fault for sneaking me ice cream all the time. Either way, I'm pretty sure they are not the only ones who taught me to listen to everything without anyone knowing you are there. So I have overheard a lot of things over the years. You have to be really specific in what you want me to say."

"Well the rest of us are just as in the dark as you," Clint tells me.

"So something dad and Nat know. That really helps me guys."

"Where have you been spending all of your time?"

"Right now work, cleaning things up left and right. Trying to recover from nearly being killed like 20 times in a three-day span. Take your pick."

"Before, you were leaving a lot and not coming home."

"What when I stayed at the house? I do that all the time. I have from the time we moved back here. You know I like it there. It feels so much more open and free. You know I spend a lot of time there. Plus I did tell Pepper. She's fine with it and knows I am an adult and safe as well."

"I mean who have you been spending time with? You don't go shopping a lot, or out to eat or anything like that. Yet lately you have. You come home in new clothes and different things than what you were wearing when you left. You are being very sneaky. What are you doing?"

"I planned to tell you all and wanted to do it differently but this will have to work. I have been seeing someone."

"You are dating?"

"That was not what I thought you would say."

"I thought you were never dating again."

"If you remember dad I said only if I found someone who was worthy of me and loved me for me, not my last name."

"Love? O no you really did get married in Vegas didn't you?"

"No dad, I did not get married in Vegas, and I am not married now. I have been dating him for a while though."

"A while? How long is a while? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because Nat you get a little protective and I also wanted to see where the relationship would go without everyone watching us and making comments about it. But I love him and he loves me. Well, I am pretty sure he does. Plus I know how dad is."

"Who is he?"

"Technically you do know him."

"Is it someone from SHIELD?"

"In a way Clint."

"It is Trip."

"No it is not Trip dad, he is my friend that I have been working with."

"Then who else could it be?"

"It's not me."

"Not me."

"I am not with Lady Rebekah."

"It's not any of us, it's not like it is Steve." Clint said. Steve and I both stay quiet.