Engaged

Once we were back at the compound we parked and got out.

"Are you ready for this?"
"Never been more ready in my life," I told him with a smile as he grabbed my hand and we headed up to where I was sure everyone would be waiting.

As we were in the elevator Steve looked at me.

"I love you"

"I love you" he placed a gentle kiss on my lips before the elevator opened and we walked out hand in hand.

Just as I thought everyone was waiting in the lounge room talking among themselves. Until they saw us and stopped talking to look at us.

"Well?" Nat finally asked.

"I said yes!" I held up my hand with a smile and then everyone was congratulating us.

"I knew you would, I'm so happy for you," Nat said pulling me into a hug as she was the first to get to me.

"Thank you, Nat, for everything."

"Anything for my girl, I love you."

"Love you" we hugged for another moment before pulling away from each other.

Going through everyone as they said their congratulations I smiled and thanked them each before dad got to me.

"Are you ready for this?"
"I am, it's what I want more than anything."

"Good, I'm so happy for you baby girl and so extremely proud of you."

"Thank you, daddy."

"Although I guess you are not really a baby anymore either."

"I will always be your baby girl no matter what may change in my life. Have you not always said that you loved me first?"

"That I have, I love you and I am glad you found what you want in life and who. You deserve to be happy. Your mom would be so happy for you and unimaginably proud of you as well. She would have loved Steve and loved him even more because he makes you so happy."

"You truly think so?" All I could think about was how mom would miss all of this.

"I know so baby." He pulled me into his arms as the first tear fell down my face.

"I wish she was here."

"I know, and she would have if she could. I know it is not the same, but you have all of us. We will do all we can to ensure you have the day of your dreams."

"Thank you daddy. I love you."

"I love you, baby." I stayed in his arms for a few more minutes and then glanced up to see Steve smile at me as he was talking to the others. They had all let dad and I have a moment together and I was grateful for it.

I looked around at my family and smiled at how lucky I truly was. With the Avengers all here as well as Pepper, Laura, and Happy. I was happy with the family we had created.

Pepper walked over to me once she saw I was no longer in dad's arms and smiled at me.

"Congratulations Sweetie, I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, Pepper, I'm going to need a lot of help though."

"I think we can manage.'

"Nat, Laura, and Wanda are you all in for helping as well?"

"Of course, anything you want you will get," Nat told me with a smirk.

"She's right, I will help with anything you need sweetie."

"I will be happy to help where I can." Laura and Wanda added.

"There is a lot so I will need a lot of help."