"1... 2... 3...," Y/n continued to repeat.

I couldn't get the word's out but I was counting along with y/n-ssi in my head.

"1... 2... 3...,"

I felt my hearing start to return to normal. I could start to see that everyone in the gym was staring at us.

I felt really embarrassed so I turned and hid my face in y/n's chest.

Being in y/n's arms was the safest place for me.

"Okayyyy, How about we just end practice early?" I heard the basketball coach yell.

Y/n-ah placed their palm over my exposed ear and squeezed me a little tighter.

"You're all dismissed. If we lose the game tomorrow.... you can blame your captains!" Coach yelled as everyone started to leave the gym.

- Y/N POV -

"Asshole," I thought to myself as coached walked out of the gym.

I rested my chin on top of Haerin's head as she refused to let me go.

I took a deep breath when I caught sight of her cute ear warmers on the floor.

Haerin-ssi then pulled away and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, are you okay?" I responded.

"Mhm," Haerin hummed out.

I then patted her head and headed down to the court to pick up her ear warmers. Haerin followed behind me.

I sighed in both anger and frustration when I noticed they had broken. I picked them up in my hands... my heart broken at the sight.

"Mine," Haerin said as she tried to take the ear warmers from me.

I quickly retracted my arm so she couldn't grab them.

I didn't want Haerin to see that her ear warmers were broken.

But regardless... she noticed.

"I'll buy you new ones," I told her.

"No, they're mine" Haerin started to whine.

"Haerin, they're broken. I'll just buy you new ones," I told her.... trying to get her to understand.

"No, I want these ones!" Haerin raised her voice at me.

"I can buy you the exact same ones," I responded trying not to get frustrated.

"No, I want these ones!" Haerin yelled as she began to cry.

I didn't really understand why she was fighting with me. I was gonna buy her new ones anyway... better ones.

"GIVE THEM TO ME!" Haerin yelled as she tried grabbing the ear warmers from my hand again.

"HAERIN, THEY'RE BROKEN! I'LL GET YOU BETTER ONES!" I yelled back.

Haerin-ssi then dropped to her knees, sobbing.

I sighed and squatted down to her level.

"Honey, they're broken. You see?" I said softly said as I showed Haerin her ear warmers.

"But they're mine," She sniffled out.

"Why do you want these ones? They're broken," I tried to explain.

"Because they're mine.... they are the first thing you ever bought me," Haerin sniffled as she began to blush.

I chuckled a bit as I felt my eyes start to fill up with tears. I felt so stupid for fighting with her.

"I'm sorry, I should have just listened to you" I whispered as I pulled Haerin-ssi into a hug.

I held her and gently rubbed on her back. "I promise I'll do my best to listen to you next time," I whispered as I placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Haerin grabbed the froggy ear warmers from me then sniffled, "Thank you."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-