The obstacle course

Start from the beginning

"Whatever." He grunted, pushing past All Might. Once the flame hero had left his vicinity, he turned off his quirk and then continued to make his way to Midoriya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Toshi, I'll make you proud," Midoriya promised, gaining a smile from his mentor.

"I know you will kid. Now get out there, it's about to start." All Might waved at the boy.

"See ya!" Izuku shouted as he ran down the corridor.

A minute or so later, Midoriya caught up with his class. "Where were you? I thought you got lost." Yaoyozoru questioned the broccoli-haired boy.

"A bathroom break." Midoriya smiled.

"Oh well, we're about to be called out so get prepared." She informed him.

"Oh okay, that's Yaoyozoru." He smiled at her once again.

"No problem." She smiled back. Their duo was an odd one, but one that worked. Midoriya was an extroverted leader, who was all about the place, while Yaoyozoru was, an introverted support, who always knew what was going on. Two complete opposites, which fill in for each other's weaknesses.

"Can all first-year classes make their way to the arena!" Present Mic announced over the intercom. Immediately, the whole class left what they were doing and made their way down the corridor.

As they drew closer to the arena, Midoriya stopped them to give them a prep talk. "Before we go out there, I want everyone here to know that from this point onwards we're rivals, so strive to do your best and win!" He smiled, gaining many smiles from his classmates. "Now, let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes had passed and Midnight was finally over with her explanation of the sports festival and all of its traditions. "Now that all of the boring stuff is out of the way, TIME TO OFFICIALLY BEGIN THE SPORTS FESTIVAL. MAY THE FIRST-YEAR REPRESENTATIVE PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE!" Midnight announced. A minute went by and no one had stepped up, leaving everyone dumbfounded. "Erm, Izuku Midoriya? Where are you?" The 18+ hero asked, waiting for Midoriya to show his face.

"Oh, I'm here!" He yelled, using his quirk to grab onto the stage and then pull himself up. Once on stage, he smiled at Midnight, which made the older woman blush and wave back.

"He's a cute one isn't he." She muttered to herself. Midoriya was clueless as to what she was rambling about so he continued to make his way over to the mic, picking it up and then testing to see if it was working.

"Does this work?" Izuku wondered, getting his answer as the mic turned on halfway through his sentence.

"Yes it is, now do you have any encouraging words for your fellow classmates or even the crowd?" Midnight asked him. Midoriya stood still for a second, thinking of what he could say.

"Ah, I know what I want to say." He thought out loud. "Have fun fighting for second place." Before he could drop the mic, everyone erupted, shouting at the green-haired boy.

"Oh no, Midoriya's set everyone off." Yaoyozoru shook her head.

"It's in his nature, he's a conqueror after all," Bakugo commented.