chapter twenty seven - reservations

@0023atn on twitter(saw this on twitter today and i moaned i'm ngl)

@0023atn on twitter
(saw this on twitter today and i moaned i'm ngl)

_____

You stood in front of your bathroom mirror, leaning your body over the countertop so that you could apply your lipstick with pristine accuracy. It was a shade that perfectly complimented both your complexion and dress.

You rubbed your top and bottom lips together, evening out the pigment that covered them before fixing the smudged left corner with a careful dab of your thumb near your bottom lip.

Once you were satisfied, you stepped away from the counter to admire yourself in the mirror. You took a deep breath as you ran your hands down the length of your dress, soaking in the way the fabric hugged your figure. It was a long floor-length gown with a slit up your leg that offered just enough promiscuity to be both classy and suggestive. It was a deep shade of blue - almost black. You paired with it a simple dainty necklace, one you've had since childhood but didn't hold any importance, it just looked nice.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

Your tinted lips curved to an involuntary - almost excited smile that, even if you tried, you wouldn't have been able to fight. You couldn't chase it off your face because along with it came the thought of Erwin.

Your eyes glanced over at the sticky note that you had stuck to the mirror.

[ 𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙮? ]

You had been looking forward to your date since the moment you read the sticky note. And you knew that it was him at the door. Erwin was a punctual man, here exactly at 7 pm, just like the two of you had previously arranged.

You gave yourself a final nod in the mirror before shutting off the bathroom light at the same time you stepped out of it.

You walked to the front door of your apartment and smiled when you opened it. Erwin was standing in the hallway, a bouquet of roses in hand.

"You look beautiful" he breathes out the words as he looks at you - and really looks at you. His eyes scan up and down your body before settling on your face, your eyes in particular.

You smiled up at him, doe-eyed as you looked into his blue eyes that were so intently fixed on you.

He was wearing a suit, more classy than the ones he normally wore to school since it resembled the attire he usually wore to events. Black dress pants paired with a matching black button up that blended with the long blazer-esque black coat he wore.

He's so handsome—

As your eyes scanned his body, you noticed the flowers again and smiled.
"Are those for me?" you ask in reference to the bouquet.