chapter sixteen - room service

@maino_merry on twitter

_____

"As we wrap up our unit on war, we move more into revolutions." Mr. Smith lectures the class.

He stepped away from the board and over to his desk where he picked up a sheet of paper off a small stack, he held it up as he continued, "the university has arranged a field trip out to a near by museum that has exhibits dedicated to past revolutions. It's voluntary and occurs over the weekend so don't feel pressured to pick up a form..."

He clears his throat and returns the paper back to the stack, "though it is encouraged."

You sit and watch, your chin rested in the palm of your hand while the other just mindlessly taps around your pen.

You sigh, you weren't planning on going. You didn't want to waste your precious weekend on a school trip.

...Though some time away might not be the worst thing.

You subtly glanced over at Eren, who was sitting beside you and dumping the crumbs from a bag of vending machine chips into his mouth.

He hasn't spoken to you since your conversation and honestly... you were thankful.

You had nothing left to say to him so you thanked the universe for not starting a conversation between the two of you.

It was over.
...At least until your father found out that it was.

You glanced over at Armin who was working on homework for another class while also managing to read a novel for his English class.

You sit up, adjusting your posture and moving your hand from your face to gently take the book from him.

At first he didn't even notice, he was much too focused on writing something down. But, only when he turned back to read some more sentences from the book did he realize it was gone.

He looks up at you, "you stole my book."

"Armin you're working too much."

"I just fell a little behind that's all" he sighs as he takes the book back from you, "I've been busy planning my eco clubs fundraiser."

"Why are you even in eco club to begin with?"

He makes eye contact and shoots you a judgemental look, a you wouldn't understand kind of thing and it makes you laugh slightly.

"Unlike some people, I care about our environment."

It was clear that you were the some people.

"I care about the environment" you roll your eyes.

"Mhm, then help me at our fundraiser this weekend."