chapter nine - lasagna

_____

_____

The only thing running through your head was the sinking reality that you couldn't escape the situation you were in.

And so, as soon as Eren left you ended up going to the university; the art room to be more specific.

You needed to feel like you could escape for just a moment.

When you got there you hoped that for once in your life the universe would be on your side and the door would be unlocked, though you had little faith.

You walked down the empty halls by yourself, occasionally looking back to check if anyone was there. You were scared of getting in trouble, or rather, you were scared that if anyone tried to get you in trouble right now you would end up exploding on them - or crying - or both.

While you were too busy looking back than watching where you were going you ended up bumping into something.

The collision caused you to stumble back and you would have fallen if that 'something' hadn't caught you.

They gripped your wrist just before you fell back onto the ground but your eyes were closed shut since you were fully prepared to fall to your death.

"Careful now" the 'something' laughed as they pulled you back to your feet.

"I'm sorry I-" you awkwardly looked up at them.

To your surprise, it was Jean standing in front of you.

"What are you doing at the school so late?" he asks while letting you go.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Fair" he smiles a little and then gestures his head down the hall as he speaks, "I'm heading to the art room."

Thank you universe!

"So am I..."

"Oh?" He cocks a brow curiously, "what for?"

"Painting is good stress relief" you say.

"Uh huh... and you're stressed right now because..?"

"I'm always stressed." you try and make a joke in hopes of escaping his interrogation.

"Alright," he laughs a little, "come with me."

You smile and the two of you walk down the hallway together. Jean has a key to the art room, and uses it to unlock the door for your both.