chapter three - shadow

@maino_merry on twitter

_____

As soon as you walked out of Mr. Smith's classroom Eren was there.

You knew he would be.

You'd been avoiding his many calls all morning because you didn't want to speak to him. Eren even tried calling Armin a few times, but he was sent to voicemail every time.

So you weren't surprised at all when you saw Eren standing in the hallway. He was leaning against the wall and reading something off his phone.

You stared at him for a minute.

A part of you wanted to go up to him, to forgive him even. But you knew that you couldn't - that you shouldn't.

Eren didn't deserve your forgiveness again because you've given it to him countless times before... countless times he never even knew about it.

You had been making excuses for him throughout your entire relationship. You let every cruel word, every time he was neglectful, every time he ran off with Mikasa and left you alone, slide.

What you didn't know for sure couldn't kill you. 

But actually seeing him on top of Mikasa was your breaking point. It was the limit.

You could forgive a hypothetical affair, but you could never forget what you saw. It was too real.

You looked at him for a little longer before finally deciding to walk away.

You turned to leave down the hall but the sound of your footsteps caught Eren's attention. He looked up from his phone, and quickly walked over once he realized it was you in front of him.

You rolled your eyes and kept walking but Eren caught up.

He stepped in front of you to cut her off.

"Eren, move." You said while stepping to the left to get by him but he just slid over to stop you again.

"Eren." Your voice was stern.

"Baby please-" he begged, putting his hands on your arms to prevent you from leaving.

You shook free from Eren and took a step back.
"What the hell do you want?"

"I want to talk.."

"What is there to talk about?"
You paused for a second before trying to step by Eren, and he moved to stop you once again.

"Y/n-"

"Eren, you cheated on me. You've been cheating on me. I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want to fix this, I know we can-"

"No." you said bluntly.

Eren's brow furrowed in confusion and he tilted his head a little. He wasn't expecting you to say no, that was clear in the way his whole body reacted.