chapter fifteen - speed limit

_____

_____

You gasp and turn around, "Eren-"

He was still wearing his jersey, making it clear he had just finished basketball practice.

"Why the hell are you walking out of Mr. Smiths classroom an HOUR after class is over??" He clenches jaw as he speaks, trying his best not to raise his voice but his efforts are futile.

"I just..." you find yourself overwhelmed with the anger in his tone and it causes you to struggle to find the words, "I— I hit my head and he was.. he was just helping and-"

"Bullshit."

"Eren I'm telling you the truth," you point to the cut in your cheek, "I got hurt, Mr. Smith helped and so I helped him grade papers as a thanks. That's it."

Eren just glares at you, gripping his keys so tightly in his palm that his knuckles turn white.

You stare at his hand, and then when he finally steps towards you you flinch in apprehension. Anger and Eren didn't mix.

"Eren-"

He marches right past you.

You chase after him, tugging on his arm to get his attention as he heads straight for the front doors. You pull on him, turning his body so that he is forced to look at you.
"Eren please listen."

"What is there to listen to?" He says with complete disgust in his voice and his eyes sound the same as he glares at you.

You feel this lump in your throat that makes it almost impossible to talk.

"Eren... nothing happened."

He pulls his arm free from you with an aggressive snap that makes you flinch and step back.

He curses under his breath and slams his hands on the metal door to open it with such force that it generates a loud bang that echoes down the hallway.

You flinch and you feel your heart rate pick up.

You swallow your fear and quickly follow after him.

You knew that he was bound to say something - to spread a rumour that would ruin Mr. Smiths career and you refused to let that happen.

"EREN WAIT." you yell down the parking lot, but he just ignores you and unlocks his car.

"Get in."