chapter two - explosion

@maino_merry on twitter_____

_____

"I'll drive you."

You blinked, standing completely stunned by what he just said.

If he figured out that you were going to a party then who knows how he'll react. He already wasn't fond of you but this would just make the situation much worse.

"It's alright-"

He didn't even bother looking at you. Instead, he looked down at his watch to check the time, "its really no problem."

He reached for his suit jacket that was hung on the back of his chair and slid it around himself before pulling his keys out of the drawer. He reached for the string hanging from the desk lamp but looked up at you before shutting it off, "it is across campus, right?"

"It is.."
You lied. It was actually much closer, but he couldn't know that. So instead you picked a random location.

"I didn't peg your friend as the artistic type" Mr. Smith shut off his desk lamp as he spoke. And he made sure to gather the lose papers on the desk and shove them into an orgianized briefcase.

"I have more than one friend Mr. Smith..." you said.

He laughed, one of those exhale kind of laughs that you have to be paying close attention to catch. He gathered the last of his things and went to leave the room. Your eyes followed him until you finally found the courage to follow after. You took a deep breath to calm your nerves before checking your phone one last time.

There were no new calls and you couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. Perhaps Mikasa already had her tongue down your boyfriends throat...
it wouldn't be the first time.

Much like everyone, you hardly even knew why you were still with Eren too. Sure he was very attractive, and quite popular because of his position on the university basketball team. But he was also immature and neglectful. He never put you first and for some unbeknownst reason... you accepted that.

Maybe you just stayed because it made your father happy.

Maybe dating a popular attractive man and attending one of the most prestigious universities on the island is the definition of success.

Eren helped you feel like you were living up to your family's expectations. Or at least that is how you justified it in your head.

And so, you took whatever he had to offer.

Mr. Smith held the door for you, letting you walk out first. He placed his hand on your lower back to lead you out of the room. The unexpected contact caused every train of thought to come to a temporary halt. And when you turned to Mr. Smith, he appeared to be unbothered. His one hand was still guiding you out of the class room while the other shut the door and locked it.