chapter seven - conference

@rozavay on twitter

@rozavay on twitter

_____

The rest of the week was boring and uneventful. You find out that Eren and Mikasa were together through an Instagram post but the news hardly came as a shock. You and Armin decided to distance yourself from them too; what was once a perfect quad was now divided into two.

But you didn't care anymore, you were beyond caring. Eren had been a dick for the duration of your relationship and you were happy to be free from it.  Besides, now you had more time to spend with Armin.

"Is this good? Or is it too tight?" You asked while standing in front of the dressing room in the dress shop. You needed formal attire, Mr. Smith said.

Armin, who dozing off in one of the chairs didn't respond to you at first.

You sighed in annoyance and threw a hanger at him to wake him up. He gasped awake, flinched from being hit in the chest by a plastic hanger.
"What the hell-"

"YES OR NO?" You asked again with more urgency. This was the 6th dress you've tried and if you continued at this rate you wouldn't have a dress for the conference.

Armin looked at the dress, pausing for a moment as he stared intently. You almost felt shy with the way his eyes wandered across your body. Your once confident posture quickly grew more timid.

"It's good.." he said, "suits you."

There was a slight blush on his cheeks from seeing the way the black dress hugged every curve of your body. He swallowed, trying his best to keep his composure calm.

You sighed and turned back to look at yourself in the mirror.
"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure" he replied almost immediately and made eye contact with you through the mirror.

"Honestly you should just get one in every colour... because... because you should.." he coughed to clear his throat. It seemed the more he talked the more he made things worse.

You laughed a little at his joke as you adjusted the straps of the dress. It was simple and black but still managed to be elegant.

You turned back to Armin while also reaching for the zipper, "if it ends up being a horrible decision I'll let you know."

Armin laughed a little, "it wont."

He sat up in his seat, seeing that you were walking back into the change room.
"When is this conference anyways?"

"Tomorrow" you peaked your head out of the curtain to respond.

Armin watched you slide off the dress from the small space between the end of the curtain and the floor. He almost held his breath seeing you slide the fabric off your legs and pick it up off the floor.