chapter twenty four - groceries

@maino_merry on twitter

_____

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, letting in the morning sun.

You squinted them shut at first, wanting to reject the brightness of it but slowly you allowed your eyes to soak it all in. You looked at the curtains which were sheer enough to provide you a view of the light and the breaks between the fabric created glowing lines that spanned across the room, painting everything they touched with a streak gold.

You felt so calm, warm even.

Your gaze then looked away from the curtains and at the white blanket that covered you and more importantly — the chest you were sleeping on. Your cheek was pressed against his skin and you could feel the heat of it on your face. Your hand had somehow managed to find its way to his chest, resting gently over his toned pecs. In fact, as you slowly moved your hand off him, his entire body was toned. Solid muscle.

His arms were around you, holding you close. Close enough that you could feel his chest rise and fall with each soft breath he took and hear the faint rhythmic beating of his heart.

You stirred against Erwin's chest, shifting your position a little to look at him. He was beautiful, you always thought that about him but it was particularly true - more than true - now.

His head was turned toward you, eyes shut. The stubble along his jaw that hadn't yet be shaved was highlighted by the rising sun desperately trying to break into the room.

He looked like he was created to be draped in sunlight.

His blonde hair, his sharp features, the bump on his nose that you found yourself admiring more than you probably should. God, he was sculpted to absolute perfection. You could stare at him for hours and never find a single flaw.

Though, you knew that it was rude to stare — but you just wanted to look at him a little longer, soak in the view. You wanted to remember him like this forever, sleeping and peaceful, his arms tangled around you, the way his breaths came and the heat of his skin - all of it.

You'd never experienced this before.

Sure, you spent a couple nights you regret at Eren's while you two were together, but he was never the nurturing type - the intimate type. At least not with you.

But here, in Erwin's arms, you felt this feeling in your chest that you couldn't explain. This overwhelming fluttering in your stomach and this... this ache - this longing.

You wanted to be closer, as if laying skin to skin wasn't already close enough.

This was intimacy. This was desire.