Chapter 19

Narrator's POV•

A gust of breeze blew their way sweeping their hair in the wind as the heat and pressure from the atmosphere thickened the tension further.

"Be quick as you can see my family are in the middle of being obliterated" Erris said as her little one gripped her nose with a giggle.

"I'm Al wahaab of the demon witches" he announced and her eyes widened as he morphed with the dark mist turning into his true form and he took a careful step forward with his hands up.

She stood still and holding unto her amused new born.

"I want to assure you I'm nothing like the others. Atlas is one brave man to really rebel against Lucifer. Peace is what I seek since you and your children are dragged into this mess. Listen to me carefully because we don't have much time" he said handing over a gem with a floating light inside it .

"Why are you giving this to me?" She questioned him bewildered.

"This could be of aid to you all, if you survive today .This has the remainder of what power I possess take it and give it to this little one here she's the only one that can use it " he said smiling looking down at the child in the woman's arm.

"Why are you helping us,is this some kind of trick?" She asked holding unto the necklace gem.

"As I said I have no desire to indulge in this mess ,frankly I'm tired of existing it's pointless. Take this as a  farewell good deed." He said causing Erris look down at the ground with mixed feelings.

"When you live this long with no purpose than being Lucifer's puppet you would feel the same" he said and Erris nodded at his statement.

"This serves as a kind of veil ,it should be kept around her neck until the light has disappeared that's when it's not necessary to wear it anymore ,she'll possess the power I wielded. The down side is it will take years maybe even decades before she unlocks it and it might not be pretty" he informed her.

"What will it take for that to happ- she was cut off by the ground shifting beneath their feet and other disturbances as everything is collapsing in on it self .

"Not even I'm sure Erris but run on ahead now " he said placing his hand on her shoulder and she hesitantly glanced at it then nodded and mouthed a thank you to him running ahead.

Al whaab conjured a last spell, he sauntered down with a satisfying smile as he melted into the black pool of liquid.

•Miriam's POV

I whipped my sweaty face clean and placed the towel around my shoulder. My muscles ached at the expense of not exercising often because of my lack of time to do so.

I took a quick shower and looked at my phone seeing the time was 5:50 am. I opened my door to see Martina standing before me with a bright smile as she enveloped me in a hug.

It was too darn early for this.

"Good morning Martina" I said returning her hug awkwardly.

"Good morning Miriam ,you off to the office now?" she asked and I nodded.

"Then off to school after " I said trying to walk pass her but she stood in my way, a weird smile creeping on her face. 

"Martina" I warned ,she pouted and made way for me.

I walked down to open his door and paused feeling odd for some reason but I shrugged it off. Upon entering the room I stood still ,an odd chill ran through my spin again.