Chapter 7

*This chapters is going to be a bit short*

•Miriam's POV•

"All this hugging is making me feel suffocated"
"I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself. I'm proud of you miri "he said
My heart thumped in my chest. "Your proud of me? but why would you be proud of me ?" I asked curiously. " Because you know I helped you but you always put your best foot forward " he said scratching his head. " No thank you for always believing in me and putting your all in me when you had no obligations to and I'll never forget it " I said patting his shoulder.

"Ms Finly ,Ms Finly" Enric Rogers said snapping his fingers in my direction. "My apologies" I muttered bowing my head."No need. I know your going through a very difficult time right now but you he would want you to put your best forward" he said patting me on the shoulder standing up and collecting his belongings. "Of course" I responded.
"I'll see you on Wednesday at the new cafe down the road " he said shaking my hand in a firm grip and exiting the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood at the car looking and decided to take some deep breath. Martina stood with Mrs Black as she screamed and cried as both her loved ones were being covered forever under ground. The atmosphere was too much for me to be honest .Too much people were shedding tears and sobbing and I didn't want to get affected by that.

Everytime I would look on there faces I was reminded of that night .My best friend was murdered and died in front of me .I'll never forget his words and the look in his eyes as he took his last breath. If it wasn't for Martina and Mr.Rogers I would be on a rampage to find them. Camera footage at the street were he was killed it caught both their faces. The police still haven't found them for some reason which irritates me to no end.

Some time later people started to talk to each other and walk off to their vehicles. Mr Rogers spoke Mrs Black telling her a few stories about her late husband to make her smile and told her to come to him if she needed anything. Martina walked with Mrs Black towards my car in deed conversation. "I told him I wanted grandchildren a long time now and if he listened perhaps we could have a little Regan around. Till this day I will never understand why you both never got together Martina you both have known each other for years. You are just a gorgeous and he's well my handsome harding working boy " .

"It was strictly platonic between us Mrs Black we were like brother and sister .He was already in love with someone else"Martina said with a shy smile. "Oh nonsense who was is more worthier than you dear" she said ."Miriam are you ready to go ?" Martina asked .Mrs Black stared at me with revulsion and loathe in her eyes as her nose turned up with a scowl on her face ."Hello Mrs Black it's nice to see I hope your doing well it must be hard for you seeing your husband and son being buried " I said with a feign smile."After everything he did for you the least you could do was love him back and actually dress and act like a lady. Not that I would want him to be with a ape looking woman like you. Your ungrateful and you had nothing to offer him what did he ever see in you. Despicable." She said turning up her nose at me.

"Mrs Black " Martina said gasping and looking my way. A smirk came only grew on my face the more I thought about killing her. "This ape looking woman was who he saw something in and wanted gave his company to after he passed. It's such a shame that he your son gave you so little. His mother ,the woman that gave birth to him not even half of what is owns. It must be so hard for you to come to terms with especially for the fact you never liked me .Have a good day Mrs Black " I said closing the car in her face. "Martina bowed apologizing on behave of my behavior and entered the car looking at me in pity. " Miri-

" If your going to apologize for her I don't want to hear it " I said glancing out the window.

The next day came and went Martina hasn't been herself and I can't say I wrong her. I mean she did loose her best friend. Cleaning up his room was torture because it smelled like him. I tried going to classes still but I couldn't focus one bit.

"In nightly news tonight. The late Regan Senior and his son Regan Black Junior murderers were apprehended while in the act of selling drugs at a club. A rather suspicious looking eyewitness reported that they were bragging about the murders. The authorities proceeded to apprehended on suspicion but was then attack by the two who fled the scene. There resistance was in vain since they didn't get far and were brought into custody. More on news-

I laid back into the couch in relief?. I didn't know what to feel at all . Don't get me wrong I am glad they were caught but nothing will ever bring him back and knowing that alone I don't think I'll ever heal from the wound those criminals left in my chest. But I have to live if not for myself for Regan.
It's what he would want.