Chapter 18

Ruelle's POV•

I sent my car to go get fixed because my clumsy retarded self got the tires busted and something was up with the engine. I have had it for a while so I guess that's the reason it's acting up.

I saw Wayne and Martina enter the house with two grocery bags. Thank goodness this place was a mansion and the cabinets had enough space for all these constant trips for food. " Didn't we buy grocery not too long ago?" I inquired and Martina slowly turned towards me with a sour expression.

" If you really knew Miriam you wouldn't be asking this" she said as Wayne placed the bags on the counter.

"I'll take it from here Wayne" I said giving the man a smile as he nodded leaving the room.
She started placing the food where they belonged and I decided to just help then.

Our hand touched as we gripped a container of Nutella. "Let go" she muttered and I shook my head refusing to as we pulled the container back and forth in a tussle.

"Must you interfere in everything?" she asked in between exaggerated breaths.

"The real question is why are you such a bitch?.What have I ever done to you?!" I yelled as she yanked it from my grip putting it in the cabinet smirking in victory.

"I don't hate you, your just annoying and ruining everything" she replied placing a carton of milk and orange juice in the fridge. "What am I ruining?!" I shouted in a strained voice.

The math isn't mathing woman.

Her phone started ringing and she made her way over to it looking at the caller ID and rolled her eyes before answering in Spanish.

A few hours later I decided to take a nap before doing a little cleaning. I put some soft music on trying to put myself in the mood to cook. I opened a draw in the kitchen to see seasons and spices of various kinds and a small book resided to the side. With curiosity I opened it seeing recipes.

A few of them had one name on it.

Regan.

I skipped through the full book and saw one with Miriam's name on it. There weren't any instructions or guidelines for this one which is irritating. But it looked simple enough that I could maneuver on my own. This must be Martina's cooking book when she used to be their chef.

No wonder she has her panties in a twist ,gosh she is so irritating and for what.

I started cooking and turned the stove down venturing upstairs walking around bored . I saw a locked door that I've never been into and again my curiosity got the best of me . I took a bobby pin from my hair and pushed into the lock ,twisting it around a few times.

A satisfying smirk spread on my lips as I heard a click .Thanks to my parents hiding food from me when I was in high school. I had to pull doors and so on just to feed myself.

I pushed the door, slipping inside and it was really neat and clean. The white bed spreads didn't have one wrinkle on  them,showing that it was spread neatly  often. There were nothing on the dresser but it was also spotless. In here did have a peculiar smell though.

My eyes wandered up the wall to see various pictures of a really handsome man with Miriam and Martina.

I looked over to others of Christmas and with every memory my heart clenched.

A frown wrinkling so deeply I could feel the strain.

That look of total adoration ,a bit of obsession and care shone through his eyes. If anyone saw this they would probably compliment how cute they were together and the thought alone made me uneasy.