Chapter 17

" All the frustrations of this world can't keep me away.

Away from the curious thoughts of you. My eyes roaming places they should never be.

Away from the smile that reaches your eyes.

Though I know the tune my soul and heart is making.

I feel the urge to be far away but close enough to jot down all the notes.

The notes to keep that permanent smile on your face.

Away I say ,yes  A  way.

To be your new and permanent source of joy.

by @Frostgiantsage-Queen.

•Miriam's POV•

For the next three days I completely avoided her at every turn and even changed rooms so she couldn't keep up .
It was getting tedious to keep up this facade, her infuriated glares could bury me 6 feet and it made me feel all the more guilty but this was the only way.

I fell backwards on my bed , closing my eyes trying to rest my tired brain. It feels like a bowlder lit with fire was thrown at me catching my clothes on fire and quickly consuming my entire being.
The work load was putting me on edge but maybe some food in my system would help.

" Why are you avoiding me ?" A voice asked and my head whipped at the direction of the room door. Ruelle stood in her work attire ,her hair straighten neatly and not in any styles. " What kind of question is that you know why" I said narrowing my eyes at her.

" Look , we could just pretend nothing happened my feelings for you won't change" she said and lowly gasp at her own words, eyes darting all over the room.

" Ah- ah That's what friends do right" she spoke trying to save face walking over  while peering up at me all while timidly reaching her hand out and touched my arm . " Why is everyone obsessed with being my friend" I said.

" Nothing is wrong with being different and unique " she said slightly tugging on my arm ." What's so great and unique about it ,tell me ?" I  asked perplexed.

Her face fell as she bit her lip and I would be lying if I said it didn't affect me. "If you want to push me away right now that's fine I won't bother you anymore but remember I'm just a room away " she said letting my arm go and leaving the room.

~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~*~~~~~~

"Give these a look while I go on a call " Mr Rogers said storming out the office to call his wife . I glanced at the papers but nothing was sticking with me at all.

I said what I meant so why is it that I felt I did something wrong ?. A few minutes ago I think I saw a text from her but I haven't even read it.

" What a surprise to see you again " a voice said catching my attention my eyes narrowed at the narcissistic fellow.