[Chapter 40: Bitter Betrayal]

Start from the beginning

"What, NOW you're trying to play DUMB with me...!? Are you SERIOUS right now, Michael...!?" You dramatically bursted out through your sobs, shoving his notepad away from you after his second reply. "Don't treat me like a child...! I SAW the door swing open...! I SAW the white of your mask pass through the doorway...! I SAW everything...!"

"(Y-Y/n)...? A-Are you okay...?" Norman called out in concern, standing by the top of the stairs and looking shocked by how enraged you were. "W...Why are you s-shouting like t-that...? W-What's going on...?"

"I...Well, I..." Frustrated, you didn't know how to respond, more tears attacking your eyes whilst you wondered what to say. How to react. What to do. Clenching your fists out of frustration, you grew even more at a loss, your body trembling with resentment whilst your anger almost exploded.

"(Y/n)...?" You froze from panic, not expecting Hannibal of all people to call your name out next. Oh no...! Had you interrupted the psychiatrist from completing a task...!? From doing something important...!?

"H...Hannibal...? W...What are you doing here...?" You freaked out with a horrified stare, your voice no louder than a weak stutter as it shook slightly. "I...I'm sorry...D-Did I...Did I disturb...and irritate you from doing s-something...?"

"Well, to answer your first question, I do live here." He chuckled in a teasing tone, walking over to where the three of you were standing before stopping next to your side. "And yes, you did disturb me. But please don't worry, dearest, you could never irritate me. Even if you wanted to. I was merely just rereading a familiar novel that I owned, that's all."

"O...Oh...Thank goodness..." You breathed out in relief, your rage now simmering down a little as you wiped at your eyes and felt relatively better.

"Now then, why don't you go and take a seat in my office to calm yourself down a tiny bit more? I'll be there momentarily - with a glass of water too - I just need to gather all of the details first." Hannibal soothingly explained, curling his arm around your waist while also guiding you over to his office's door.

"Oh, um...Okay..." Giving in wearily, you turned your attention away from Michael and entered the psychiatrist's office; now feeling emotionally exhausted by how upset you'd grown. "I really do appreciate your support. Especially around Mister Peeping Tom over there."

"Did you actually do what she's accusing you of...?" He suspiciously inquired, frowning at your allegation and questioning Michael quietly at the office's front door.

"TᕼᗩT ᗯᗩᔕᑎ'T E. YO ᕼᗩᐯE TO EIEE E!" The stalker scrawled his next message stubbornly, writing as honestly as he possibly could. "O YO EᗩᒪᒪY TIK TᕼᗩT I Oᑌᒪᗪ IE TE TᖇᑌT ᖴᖇO YO? O YO OETY EIEE TᕼᗩT I' IE ᗩᗷOT EEIG? I' E OET ᗩᗷOT TᕼᗩT!<3" [A/N: "THAT WASN'T ME. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!" "DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I COULD HIDE THE TRUTH FROM YOU? DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT I'D LIE ABOUT PEEPING? I'D BE HONEST ABOUT THAT!<3"]

"Holy SHIT, now THIS is something that I'd LOVE to see." Hopping into the hallway, Freddy suddenly appeared next to Hannibal and Michael; a smirk sliding across his face while he crossed his arms seconds afterwards. "So WHAT do we have here? Has Myers committed an innocent crime against our beloved (Y/n), someway or another?"

Michael shook his head sulkily; already insulted by your claims against him and becoming overwhelmingly offended. "W...W-What did you even d-do to (Y/n) a-anyway...?" Norman wondered inquisitively, frowning at the stalker's actions and questioning what he did.

"According to (Y/n), Michael peeped at her in the shower, even after he promised not to." The psychiatrist explained to the dark-haired male with a disappointed sigh, rolling his eyes at Michael's so-called behaviour before shaking his head and grabbing a tiny glass of water.

"How come that's such a big deal to (Y/n) anyway...?" Pennywise mused from curiosity, materialising directly next to Norman and finding the entire situation strange. "Is peeping at someone through the shower really that bad...? She has nothing to be self-conscious about after all."

"Peeping at somebody through the shower can show a tremendous amount of not only disrespect and disloyalty, but it's also insanely crude, unrefined, and vulgar." Hannibal informed the clown in a serious tone of voice, pointing out why you were you were so upset and what Michael had specifically done to hurt you altogether.

"Oh...So it's like a...a human thing, then...?" Penny commented casually, watching whilst he took note of Hannibal holding the glass of water.

"I-I...It's not JUST a h-human thing, if you must know, clown. It's a n-negative sentiment that you s-should never EVER commit." Norman icily interjected, clenching his fists and growing irritated on your behalf.

"Precisely. So it would be most likely in your best interests to stay out here for now, Michael. Away from (Y/n), at least for the moment. Alright...?" Hannibal brought up as politely as possible; keeping his personality not only pleasant, but respectful too. Leaving Michael, Norman, Freddy, Pennywise all alone in the hallway, the psychiatrist followed you into his office and passed you the tiny glass of water; silently enjoying the special amount of time he got to spend with you.