Chapter 3:

It was Aspen and Lucy's wedding day and I was helping Lucy get ready.

" Really, America, you don't need to help me. If anything, I should be helping you!"

"Nonsense! It's your big day and I need to repay you for all of the times you helped me." I was so grateful for Lucy and it was time I did something for her.

 When we were finished, the whole wedding party lined up at the door to where they were going to walk out.

"Is it normal to be nervous?" she said, wringing her hands.

"Of course! Remember me? I was a nervous wreck!" 

Lucy laughed and straightened her dress. The organ started to play and the people in front of us started to walk. When it was Lucy's turn, I gave her a quick hug and nudged her forward. I snuck out of the waiting area for the wedding party and into my throne beside Maxon.

"Doesn't she look beautiful?"

"She most certainly does, my dear. Almost as beautiful as you."

"You always say that, Maxon!"

" You are perfect." he smiled at me.

"One cannot help being born into perfection." I said with a smile.

"No, I don't suppose you can help it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I do." Lucy said with a huge smile on her face.

"I do." Aspen said with an even bigger one.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." the priest said. He turned to Aspen. " You may kiss your bride."

And just like that, Lucy and Aspen were married.

Aspen carried her out of the room and all the way into the ballroom where the reception was happening. He had a huge smile plastered on his face for the rest of the night and Lucy never left his side. In another dimension, that could have been me. the only difference is, I could have been a Six.