Chapter 84: Vol2 Chapter 24

Start from the beginning

"Why? Do I make you nervous?" He asked.

"Nervous?" She laughed nervously. "You don't make me feel anything."

"Is that why you are avoiding looking at me?"

Klara lifted her chin and looked directly into his eyes. The way he looked back at her made her heart skip a beat. Why did he have to look so good? It would have been easier to hate him if he didn't.

"I am looking at you now." She said challengingly. "Now if you will excuse me." She pushed past his shoulder but he grabbed her wrist preventing her from leaving.

Klara was about to jerk her hand away when he said. "I can take you to your sister."

How did he know? Klara turned back, "I thought you couldn't read my thoughts."

"I cannot...well, most of the time. Anyway, do you want to go and see your sister or not?"

Klara nodded, suddenly excited and happy. This time she didn't bother to ask how, they would probably go through some gate or the ground might open and swallow them. Anyway, she didn't care. She just wanted to see her sister.

He pulled at her wrist and drew her into his arms. "Close your eyes." He said and Klara complied. She shut her eyes tightly and wrapped her arms around him in a steel grip embracing herself for whatever was coming, but nothing happened. She just felt some weird sensation go through her body before Roshan told her to open her eyes again.

Klara opened her eyes and realized that she was in Astrid's room, already.

"Oh...that was fast." She breathed but risky. What if Astrid or some maids had been in here?

"I made sure no one was here before we came." He explained. "Stay here, I will bring your sister.���

Klara panicked and grabbed his arm to stop him. "How? They will see you if you leave here."

"Don't worry. I have some tricks under my sleeve." He winked then left.

Klara waited and waited, getting more anxious for every minute that passed by. What if Roshan got caught? What if he was in trouble because of her?

Just when she decided to leave and look for him the door to the room opened and Astrid entered. At first she didn't notice her but as she walked further in she almost stumbled back at the sight of Klara. Her eyes widened in shock.

"Klara? How...? Are you alright?"

Klara didn't reply. She just went and hugged her sister. "I miss you."

"I missed you to." Astrid said wrapping her arms around her tightly. "I was so worried. I thought something happened to you. Where did you go?"

"I am sorry for making you worry, but I'm alright. I'm staying with a friend."

Astrid took a step back and looked at her sister skeptically. "What friend? I didn't know you had friends." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

"There is someone." Klara smiled.

"Did that friend bring you here?" Astrid asked.

Klara nodded.

"Can you trust that person?"

"Yes, don't worry."

Astrid sighed not entirely satisfied. "Rasmus will calm down eventually so make sure to come back. Until then be careful." She said.

"I will."

After talking for awhile it was time for Klara to go back. She kissed and hugged her sister tightly, telling her not to worry.