73

After the 2nd week of being alone and isolated. I finally muster up the courage to head over and speak to theo.

Abby had left and never returned. We had no idea where she went but all we worried about was Isabel. She was such a sweet baby. I would kill Abby if anything had to happen to her. Mama was slowly healing and I checked up on her every day.

Reece had left for New York after the project launched. I never saw him after telling him to leave. Not even a text. As for bunny, he had tried calling several times. I just was not ready to speak about anything.

Standing outside his apartment- I inhale sharply before knocking. He had opened on the 3rd knock. "Hi-", he smiled and stepped aside, allowing me inside. "Hey", I greet as he shut the door behind us. "Take a seat. I'll grab you a drink", he said and rushed to the kitchen while I made myself comfortable on his couch which we fucked on many times. His apartment always smelled of strawberries and chocolate chipped cookies.

"Soda-", he handed me the can before sitting across me. I play around with the ice soda before setting it down on the table. "Don't want it?", he asked and i shake my head. "Bunny. You know why I'm here ", I sigh out and he nod his head. "Don't feel uncomfortable ", he smiled. "I'm not uncomfortable ", I shrug. "I just , I want to apologize. I shouldn't have got mixed up with him while with you-", i trail as he stood , moving to sit next to me. His hand squeezing mine.

"Anastasia, before you go on. I have a confession to make too", I felt him tense and now I was eager to know what was on his mind . "Just , promise you won't get upset and hate me", he whispered, brows slouching. "Theo, I cheated on you. What could be worse", I raise a brow and he exhaled softly. "Just promise ", he begged and I nod - "I promise. I could never hate you". He gave a slight smile before we both went silent.

"A year ago. When we first became friends. It wasn't because I thought you were interesting or because I wanted to be friends-", he trailed, hand tightening around mine. "Hailey had been my best friend for years ", at the mention of her name, his eyes dropped to the floor. He was struggling to find the words to explain this all. Even though I felt the sting in my chest , I place my hand over his. "Theo, you don't have to feel ashamed", I whisper and he lift his eyes to find mine. "Anastasia, I'm so sorry for trying to separate you and Reece. I felt hurt that he had betrayed her and broke their marriage-", he was rambling. "I just wanted to make sure you knew that you fucked up their marriage but honestly Reece was never happy with her. With you , the man is head over heels inlove. Despite me loving you , Anastasia I could never love you as much as he does ", he finally shut up to catch his breath.

His confession about hailey had clicked but I wasn't going to hold that against him. Not after I hurt him too. "Are you two still friends?", I ask and he shook his head. "I broke that bond the day I moved to London. She was toxic and I had realized it too late. I'm sorry -", he draped an arm around me ,pulling me into a warm embrace. "Hey, don't apologize ", I snuggle against his chest. "I just , I was happy with you. I adore you and your family. They've been so kind and loving-", he trailed and I glance up. "Hey, they are still your family. Infact, I think mama will feel better if you'd visit. She's not the same after Abby left ".

"I'll head there today", he whispered, stroking my cheek and planting a kiss to my forehead. "I hope you know I love you. I just want you to be happy with whatever decision you make baby. I didn't expect your feelings for Reece to disappear. That man has been your first love for years", he poked his index against my forehead- "even though you don't remember it. Your heart does. He loves you more than I ever can", he pressed his forehead to mine. "If you don't go get him , I will gladly make him mine", he joked and we both laugh.

"Bunny-", I smile. "Yes baby?", he smiled back. "I already made my decision-", I wrap my arms around his neck as he held me closer.

"I love you theo ", I whisper and he hugged me tighter. "And I love you Anastasia ".