58

Day of the operation
15 : 21 pm

Anastasia's pov:
-

Ever felt sick to the point you wish to throw yourself off a building and hope to land in a pool of fire which would melt off your flesh while still keeping you alive to actually feel the immense pain...

No?

Just me?

I was beyond nervous. Like a train wreck. This tumor removal will change so many things in my life. I could hear my heart thumping in my ears. In an hour I'd be prepping for surgery. The doctor had told me there was nothing to worry about...but you've watched Grey's anatomy? Those over confident doctors always seem to fuck up and the patient dies.

I'm not ready for the cold hands of death.

I had been staring at my cellphone all day. Hoping for a text from Reece. A message from him could possibly calm my racing nerves. He has always managed to calm me. But - I know he wouldn't. We agreed on no phone calls or random how are you doing texts.

The door creaked , stealing my attention. He popped his head in , checking if I were awake.

"Hey", he smiled and entered. "Theo", I return the warm smile , lowering my gaze to the bouquet of roses in his inked hand. "How are you ?", he placed them on my lap. "Nervous- thank you ", I touch the petals. "Don't be", he stroked my pinned up hair. "There's this uncomfortable lump in my throat. It won't go away-", I inhale sharply, trying to express how I felt. "Hey", he took my cold hand in his. "You're going to be fine. I'll be here the whole time", his smile soft and heartwarming. "Okay?", he whispered and I nod. "Good. Just relax and allow the doctors to make you feel better. Besides , one mistake and my boxing skills will be put to good use", he stepped back , fisting the air. I couldn't hold in the laughter. He was so funny.

"Okay bunny", I wave a hand in the air and he flashed his toothy smile. "You'll be okay. Your parents are in the waiting room". I give another nod , handing him my cellphone. "I'll see you afterward ", I give a strong smile and he leaned in , planting a kiss to my forehead. It was unexpected but I didn't yap about it. "You will see us ", he smiled, tucking my phone in his hoodie.

"Theo ,if anything goes south -", I lift my eyes to meet his and he caught on immediately. "Yeah , I'll call him", he promised. I gotta admit , that made me feel lighter. "Now , go be our strong girl-", he clapped and backed up against the door. "I'll get you snacks ", he winked and left. I chuckle, shaking my head. He was somthing else. So hyper.

"You don't seem nervous anymore-", the nurse mentioned while checking on me. "My friend gave me hope", I smile and she returned it. "He's a handsome man", she smirked and I nod. "Yeah he is ".

"Can I ask a favor-".

"Sure -", she stood close to the bed. I look down at my clenched fist. "I know jewelry isn't allowed during surgery but I'd really love to keep this with me", I open my hand , revealing my wedding ring.

Yeah.

I kept it.

"Please- it will help me feel safe", I lift my eyes to meet hers. "I'm guessing that isn't from your handsome friend ", she smiled and I shake my head. "It's from someone special", I whisper, fighting my waterworks. She hummed , lowering her gaze to the ring. "I'll try to work something out with the surgeons". "Thank you so much ", I say as she walked out.

Even though he hadn't texted. His ring was enough to make me feel strong. I didn't regret the divorce. I did what had to be done. For his happiness and my sanity. I held on to this ring because a piece of me will always be his.

And a piece of him will always be - mine.

-

Days turned into weeks.
Weeks turned into months.

Until an entire year had passed us by.

With theo working in marketing and me as a secretary for one of the largest food marketing sectors in London. I'd like to say this year had been amazing. I had moved into my own apartment. Being independent once again .

Theo and I had grown closer than I'd like to admit.

I had FRIENDS! How cool.

My operation was a success by the way. My parents and bunny had helped me through the painful months. And - Rupert too. I've grown fond of the guy.

Life was coming together.

I had no regrets for my choices.
I was happy. A drama free life.

-

"Ew ", Steffi gave me a nudge.

"What is it now?", I continue to type out emails while she hovered over my desk. "Look at that whore-", she pointed to the boss's personal assistant who was standing near the elevators. "What do you have against her?", I chuckle, adjusting my nerdy glasses. "I mean - what's the need for such slutty clothes? Be professional ", she fussed , grabbing a pen and placing it between her teeth. "Hey - that's a new pen. You chewed all of my others ", I complain but she continued to bite on it.

"Aren't you two bitches going home?", we both turn to Avery. These 2 worked in the finance department. "We are . But why is the whore staying behind? She is aware that Mr Taylor is a married man", Steffi scoffed. I lift my eyes to watch Bridget, the p.a. I couldn't help but wonder if this was how the girls spoke about me before Reece could make his moves.

It's very rare that I think of him.
But when I do , I miss him.

"Oh , look", she nudged me again and I grumble . The 3 of us watching her and the boss pass smiles while getting into the elevator. "Isn't there a massive partnership happening on Friday? Maybe that's why they're staying In late ", they both turn to pass me what the fuck stares. "We know you're semi blind but what the fuck?", Avery laughed and I remove my glasses. "They're reading glasses ", I point out. "The laptop light hurts my eyes".

"They're probably going to fuck", Steffi placed down pen as I stood beginning to pack my belongings. "Let's not rule out what I said about the partnership ". "Shut up , Anastasia ", Steffi smacked my head and we all laugh. "My boyfriend better fuck me tonight or imma go get sex elsewhere ", Avery groaned , swinging around her bag. "You're a sex freak", Steffi responded.

"It's been weeks. You think he's cheating on me?".

I follow them out of the building, scanning my phone and reading mama's many texts about coming home for supper. "Mr hotness is here ", Steffi pinched my arm. "Ou!", my piercing voice made them flinch. "Geez Anastasia. Calm your tits", Avery chuckled. "She pinched me", I point at Steffi who was using Avery as a human shield.

"See you tomorrow ", they wave and hold hands while running to stefs car. They traveled together. Ofcourse they offered me a ride but -

My ride was - Mr Theo Wood.