7

"Should I bring extra notebooks?", she asked as we entered my office. "I think you should sit this meeting out", I deadpan and she looked at me with confused eyes. "Why?", she whispered innocently. "I have a total of 7 meetings today. I have to be in the right frame of mind -", I trail off , searching for my documents. "I'm your assistant. I can take some of the weight off your shoulders, sir", she was trying to be of help. Unfortunately right now , the sight of her was pissing me off.

That damn skirt. It was barely covering her ass.

"I don't need any assistance, Ms Cora ", I knew I was being blunt - but at this point if I did not leave the office, I knew I was going to explode and scold her until she cried . She was a softy and would definitely cry . To avoid the early morning drama, I take my needed files and leave her standing alone in the office.

She was not persistent and did not try to fight to join me.

••
11 : 47 am

The 2nd meeting had just begun and my head was spinning. With all these men owning powerful businesses, I always wondered how with such tiny brains ? They were so unsure and immature.

Right now, we were discussing joining together and working on the project at hand. Vladimir, my financial manager was giving his presentation. I pinch the bridge of my nose , zoning out for a brief moment. The thought of Anastasia still angered me.

What was hailey thinking making her dress like a hooker?

She knew I enjoyed professionalism. Yet she made my p.a dress like some road side trash. Anastasia was beautiful the way she was. She did not need fancy clothes and heels to grab attention.

I lift my head when the sound of the conference door shutting echoed.

She gave a tiny bow to apologize. Vladimir gave her a smile before continuing. She moved to her seat in the far corner, taking out her notebook and a pen. Lifting her head , she glanced at me . The way she smiled hinted that she knew I was upset about her dressing.

I lower my gaze , drumming my fingertips on the table. She was something else. The fact that she had changed out of the inappropriate clothes and showed up here even after I told her not too , made me smile to myself. Lifting my gaze to her , she was taking down notes.

She totally pulled off that outfit from the lost and found items.

Anastasia's pov:

Vladimir was rapping instead of conveying a message. It's been an hour since I got here. Reece constantly glanced at me from his seat. I had caught him smirking several times. Ofcourse I knew he was upset about my clothing. I couldn't turn down his wife who was so kind to me. I felt bad to decline her choice of outfit.

When i glance at him, he was already staring. Chin resting on his raised knuckles, eyes not shifting even though I was staring back. I give an awkward smile , hoping he'd respond but he just raised a brow.

Was he still upset?

I had dug through the lost and found items, just to please him and attend meetings to help make the weight on his shoulders lighter. Today was going to be a long day. I haven't even spoken to my boyfriend yet. I'm disappointed that he did not call me up to check if I got home fine.

Maybe he was irresponsible and I was naive.

••
16 : 21 pm

Reece hadn't spoken to me all day, despite being in the same conference room. Brianna had brought his coffee and lunch when he requested. He truly gave me the cold shoulder.

Mrs Alexander had invited me over for a proper supper. I couldn't turn her down , so I accepted.

After returning the clothes I borrowed from the lost and found. I changed back into the skimpy outfit Hailey lent me. It was beautiful and the fabric itself was so smooth. I'm sure it cost a fortune.

Taking my handbag, i step into the elevator- scanning through my cellphone. Still no sign of Anthony. Should I message first ? The worst part about us not being on good terms was the fact that I had moved out here just to be with him. I had begged my parents. Now he was acting up and I had no one.

The doors shut and I sigh, lifting my head and almost having a heartattack when I see Reece standing beside me. His eyes were on the silver doors. He was totally ignoring me.

"Are you still upset?", I asked softly. I'm not surprised when he ignored the question. His cologne invaded the small enclosed space , burning my nostrils.

"Mr Alexander?", I reach out and tug on his coat sleeve. "I am sorry -", I whisper. How would I have supper with them , when the man of the house was ignoring me? "I felt bad to turn down Hailey. She was so happy trying to doll me up", I smiled at the thought of her smiling face and twinkling eyes.

The doors open and I immediately withdraw my hand before 2 other men step in. They greet Mr Alexander before the doors shut again. Awkward silence.

"Anastasia right?", the one with blonde hair turned around to make conversation. "Right ", I nod and give a polite smile. "Everyone's been talking about you", he eyed me up and down. "They weren't lying when they said you were extremely beautiful ". The other guy looked over his shoulder and nodded in agreement.

I have no clue what to say , so I just nod and smile. They continued to have a conversation between themselves about work. I swallow hard , lifting my eyes to Reece who was still staring at the doors. He had a slight frown on his beautiful face.

The doors open and we all walk out.

That was the most awkward and introverted thing that has ever happened to me. Why am I so weird around people? I stroll to the exit , swinging my handbag back and forth. These heels were undeniably comfortable. Reece passed me , heading straight to his car.

"Reece-", I call out and this time he stopped and finally looked at me. I sigh and pace to where he stood. "Hailey invited me for supper. Would you mind if I joined?", I point at the car and his frown fades into an expressionless face. "It's my house. I don't want you there-".

With that rude comment, he got into his car and immediately left without giving me a second glance.

Was he that upset?

For some reason, his rudeness made me tear up. He was truly cold when he wanted to be. I did nothing wrong.

So why was he so pissed?

••
Reece's pov:

"Hi baby -", hailey gave a toothy smile when I entered the kitchen. I ignored the food that decorated the island and got straight to the point.

"Did Anastasia come ?", she looked at the entrance of the kitchen as if Anastasia would suddenly pop up. "No", I deadpan.

"What do you mean no?", she furrowed her bows , wiping her hands on her apron. "I mean I told her she wasn't invited to my house ", I raise my voice. Her brows slouch and she was ready to get defensive but I was not going to have that.

"Anastasia is not you. Do not dress her up like a slut. She is my personal assistant. You know how I feel about professionalism. Why the fuck would you send her dressed like that? ".

"Why are you speaking as if she means the damn world to you?", she snapped. Like always ,she misunderstood shit. "Hailey - I'm saying , do not get involved with my staff. Do not invite her to our house as a friend . She isn't-".

I hoped I made myself clear.
I couldn't stand the sight of her , so I left .

Females were so fucking difficult.