Foreword

A Normie's Guide to Mind-Reading is like any other guide, until it isn't

A Normie's Guide to Mind-Reading is like any other guide, until it isn't. Where do you draw the line?

Simple. The universe prompted me to write this guide when it gave me two numbers: 9 and 34, my lots in life.

9: There's an urban legend that's been circulating for years about a taxi cab that doesn't take you where you want to go, but where you need to go. One night, you stepped into this cab.

34: While waiting for a friend at a coffee shop, a strange thought crosses your mind: 'What if I'm the only one who can't read minds?' Glass shatters and when it suddenly becomes quiet you turn around. Everyone is staring at you with terrifying looks in their eyes.

Lovely, no?

Let's hope this guide will be of some use to you.

Some warnings before we start. This guide contains strong language, some graphic violence, and deals with anxiety and paranoia. There will be bouts of existential crises. On a lighter note, the events that occur are my own experiences and may differ if I were in another place unlike Singapore. You may be a Singaporean too and go through different experiences of your own. That said, there will be Singlish and a mixed bag of languages and dialects.