4 days to victory

I had woken early, staring at the floor. My headache gone, replaced by a dull throb. I looked up as a bit more light filtered in, I could slightly see the morning sun coming through.

I stood, eyeing a guard in his chair, he watched me carefully. I moved to the toilet, closing the door and doing my business. It stinks, they haven't bothered cleaning anything. I guess they don't care about cleaning up or even having us clean up, this place is temporary.

I washed my hands, looking at the mirror, sweaty hand prints covered it, like someone was hitting it in frustration. They must have come in here to cry or have a silent break down, the mirror is cracked, some old toothpaste splatters hardened onto the surface.

I walked back to my spot, pressing myself against the wall, watching the humans wake, hearing the snoring one. I'm guessing they have more sleeping halls, this dosen't seem like enough humans, they must be splitting us into smaller groups, to prevent any uprisings, I suppose after what humans have done... They don't trust even our civilians.

I stood as the guard stood, shouting at us to get up and to eat. I shuffled into the dining hall, quickly sitting down, avoiding looking around. I ate the bland porridge, dreading the next step. I flinched as soon as a guard shouted for us to get in line for inspection. I lagged behind, glancing at a new group of humans being led into the dining hall. My guess was correct.

I stared at the ankles of the person in front of me, feeling my stomach flip and my heart hurt. I don't want anyone touching me, I don't want that woman near me... But I can't run, they'll probably shoot me.

The door approached much to quickly, everyone moving in order, some people taking longer then others. I sighed, gripping the door handle and opening it, my heart pounding, fear inching through my body, as if it was physically in my veins.

I shut the door, she looked to me boredly.

"Melanie, undress" she instructed, I hesitated, but not in the mood to be intimidated, I just did as I was told, she checked my clothes.

"Will I get my medicine back?" I asked quietly, she looked to me, seeming un-bothered by the question.

"The painkillers? The medical report says they were just painkillers. Unless you're writhing on the floor screaming, you don't need them" she muttered, moving to examine me.

"You got the medical report..." I muttered, knowing she knows what's happened to me, to some extent... How many of these guards know? Do any of them know?!

"Yes, the captain at the base sent it to us, explaining where you came from and everything. Now enough yammering, get dressed and out" she demanded, I stumbled to pull on my clothes, feeling somehow more uncomfortable. Knowing that people around here know a bit more about me, without me telling them...

I walked in the direction everyone else had walked, it was a plain room, with a wooden floor, people sat around talking in hushed voices, soldiers chained to walls. The flimsy wooden door shut behind me. My eyes scanning over everyone, the guards standing on high alert.

I feel cornered, the sight of the human soldiers makes me want to puke, and the guards make me anxious... I shakily stepped towards a spot that seemed safe, some people sitting around.

There's lots of people I'm scared to see. My ex best friend who broke my trust and tried to kiss my while I was drunk... My mother... And I really worry that I'll see those soldiers, I can't be safe... I'm never going to be safe.

The next group of humans slowly filed in, sitting in spots, I looked away, unwilling to see any of their faces. Breathing heavily, feeling tears prick my eyes.