8 days to victory

We got up, prepping breakfast, quiet. I don't have much to talk about, completely prepared to begin tracking her.

We began packing away our equipment, I grabbed her bag, making sure nothing that seemed to be hers was left behind. It's wierd knowing we were avoiding sleeping on the bed, but I didn't want to make anyone miss out. So it's easier for us to all sleep equally.

I packed away all of the food into air tight satchels, tucking them away in a random bag I found in the cupboard of the bedroom.

The bags were all packed in the main area. The fire completely wet, to prevent it sparking up. I nodded to them, walking outside, the sun already high up in the sky. She was sleeping in the sunlight, breathing softly.

"Now Dylan, don't get upset if I get rough, I'm just aiming to convince her that she needs to go, not to harm" I convinced Dylan, he seemed to agree, just seemed very uncomfortable.

"Oi!" I shouted, she jumped and scrambled up, looking around, one eye still closed. She cowered away from me, the fear and suspicion obvious.

I leant down, she flinched. I untied the ropes, forcing her to follow me down the stairs. I shoved her away, she looked at me and everywhere else.

"Go on, you can get lost. Run off" I demanded, she fell on her ass and gaped at me, shaking her head. Obviously in surprise, waiting for the perfect chance to run-

"No! I'm not going anywhere!" She exclaimed, I paused, taking a second to take in what she just said.

"What do you mean no? You should be glad you get freedom with no strings attached" I said, trying to convince her that her possible fears of strings being attached would be quelled.

"I have no where else to go! This is my only home now" she told me, standing up, looking to me nervously, lowering her head, submitting some respect to me. I felt embarrassed and annoyed, she's being way to stubborn, she can't ruin my plans. We've prepared all morning for this!

I shoved her, sending her crashing down, she gasped and dragged her body away, looking to me nervously.

"Go back to your humans" I demanded, she went pale, shaking her head wildly.

"I'm never going back there! I'm not leaving." She exclaimed, pressing herself against a tree and gulping. I stormed closer to her, so very angry that she's not cooperating.

"Go back to your kind!" I demanded, grinding my teeth, my fangs scratching against my lips slightly. She looked to me fearfully, I know I look intimidating when I'm angry. She cowered, shaking against the tree.

"You really want to get hurt here huh?!" I demanded, she looked to me with her one wide and terrified eye.

"Better hurt by people who don't like me then people who are supposed to love me!" She shouted, covering her mouth, she hugged her knees and began to sob.

"You stay here, you'll remain under me, like a fucking dog under my boot" I snapped, she looked up at me, tears rolling down her face.

"So then treat her like a fucking dog then-" snapped out Dylan's voice, watching me as I moved to press my foot against her. "Instead of a bloody punching bag" he growled, glaring at me angrily.

"She's not cooperating" I told him, he shook his head, crossing his arms.

"She obviously must have a fricken reason why she's fighting against you so hard not to go" he snapped. "Try asking instead of demanding" he grumbled. I looked back at the house, everyone watching out the door in confusion. My boot pressing her shoulder against the tree. I sighed and stepped away.

"Fine. We'll bloody talk. Bring her inside" I growled, turning around and storming towards the house, everyone moving out of my way.

"Move the bags to the bedroom, so she can't reach any weapons" I demanded, fuming, they rushed around, shoving the bags into the bedroom and sitting on the armchairs and couch. Dylan led in the terrified human, she gulped and glanced at Dylan, he left her standing in the middle of the room. She seemed panicked.

"Tell us then. Why are you out here? Why can't you go back to your people?!" I demanded, glaring at the monster in the middle of the room. She began to pace, seeming to panic more. "Just sit down and answer!" I snapped. She squeaked and immediately went down, hands over her head as if expecting us to throw stuff at her.

"It's just not very comfortable being surrounded by-" she began.

"Just answer the question" groaned Greg, she looked to Dylan and Ben.

"I told you my story" he gently pointed out, her eye teared up.

"I can't go back... They shot my father in front of me when he refused to join the war and... And...-" she began, she looked to Ben, her hands protectively going in between her legs. "Soldiers... They made a bet... They gang... They ra... A group of soldiers took my virginity and left me bleeding out my holes.." she struggled to say.

Dylan slammed his fist into the table, getting up and storming out. Ben's face fell, letting out a sad whine. She wasn't looking at us. Tyler's expression was a lie, the face he was making said he didn't believe her, but I know him, that look in his eyes says he does. I don't know if I believe her or not, but I'll just need to remain on the fence.

"How dare you lie to us like that!" Snapped Greg, he doesn't believe her at all.

"Enough Greg. Ben, take her outside. We're leaving tomorrow. Everyone grab your sleeping bags" I commanded, Greg went silent. Ben helped the shaking human to her feet and led her out of the hut.

We sat down for a while, I was blank, unsure what to think. Should I believe she was betrayed by her own kind?

We were brought back to reality hearing the door open, Dylan barged in. He had some wild potatoes and two rabbits, beginning to cook. We all remained silent, listening to the food sizzle and boil.

"We're leaving tomorrow. I'll go back to the original base camp and see if there's a demon-powered vehicle left for us. We'll be bringing her with us, leaving her here is stupid. So even if she kicks and screams Dylan. She needs to come. Better for her safety correct" I said, everyone nodded, and Dylan quietly agreed.

Nobody offered much to say except for thanking Dylan for the food. Tyler set up our sleeping bags, I moved into mine, ready to sleep the frustrating day away.