Already Gone

author's note- i know i said i would update in Jan but me being the lazy person i am doing this in Feb

in this fic felix is catnoir and marinette is ladybug. they decided to reveal themselves to eachother after a dangerous akuma. no one other than them knows their identities.

Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories, they're haunted

he remembered the first time they saw each other after reveling themselves and how relieved he was to find that ladybug was none other than his bubbly and clumsy classmate Marinette Dupain-Cheng. But now when he thought about it he should have known it was too good to be true.

We were always meant to say goodbye
Even with our fists held high

he remembered how every time they defeated a villain they would do fist bump . Before this, after the chaos there was always relief to see that she was alright.

It never would have worked out right
We were never meant for do or die

maybe if there wasn't hawkmoth and his akumas maybe this would have been different . but teenagers fighting with an adult wasn't the easiest.

I didn't want us to burn out
I didn't come here to hurt you now
I can't stop

he didn't want her to get hurt because of some selfish guy who wanted the miraculous for that one wish and didn't see a problem with hurting so many people.

I want you to know that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road, but someone's gotta go

he hadn't cared that it was dangerous as long as she was with him. he had been naïve like his cousin thinking that defeating hawkmoth would be fine and there wouldn't be any casualties.

And I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on, so I'm already gone

but it had happened she had given him the guardianship of the miraculous to win against Shadow Moth. they had defeated him but not without a price. he had taken Marinette to a safe place so no one would know her identity but she had forgotten everything about their superhero lives ,their love.

Looking at you makes it harder
But I know that you'll find another
That doesn't always make you want to cry
It started with a perfect kiss then we could feel the poison set in
Perfect couldn't keep this love alive

he wanted to tell her but couldn't he had never deserved her love and now looking at those bluebell eyes the eyes he had fallen in love with. To see them looking at him with confusion broke him. they had been so determined to defeat shadowmoth they hadn't considered the risk, thinking anything was worth defeating the villain.

You know that I love you so
I love you enough to let you go

he could have told her but he didn't he dropped her at her parents she thanked him and he knew he couldn't do that to her she deserved this a life without the burden of saving Paris on her shoulders. he loved her enough to let her go.

I want you to know that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road, but someone's gotta go
And I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on, so I'm already gone
So I'm already gone

it didn't matter that she didn't remember him he had loved her as catnoir then as felix and she had loved him. but now she didn't know him as anything other than her very formal classmate. but he still loved her and he was sure he always would.

Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories, they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye

he remembered  how they had discussed how things would be after defeating shadow moth but all those scenarios had included them being together .

it was time to say goodbye to the only girl he had ever loved and she didn't even know that it was a goodbye

Author's note - this is my very first songfic so do tell me how i did and if you want another part do tell cause i am not sure if people want sad endings