Chapter 11 - The Change

As we continued to walk, I saw the faint flickering of lanterns in the distance. The candle light lit up a large area of just grass, completely different to the forest we just walked through. We approached a cottage that look witchy. It was very overgrown and had plants I had never seen before growing all around. There was smoke coming out of the chimney and a yellowish glow coming out of the windows, telling me someone was very much awake inside. 

"Come one then, she has been waiting for quite some time." Nyra coaxed as if I was a child that was scared. I continued on towards the porch that was filled with logs, plants and quaint little seating area. This cottage was adorable to me, something I had dreamed of as a kid, I'd read about these sort of places in books. It was magical to me, something younger me would adore and instantly fall in love with. It made me feel giddy.

Nyra led the way inside knocking a few times on the door before just entering like it was her home. "We're here!" Nyra bellowed into the open space. 

The inside was even cuter than I could of ever imagined. Upon the first entry, I saw the cosy living room that had a couch and 3 chairs around a fire, that was currently burning. In front of the fire place there was an oak wood table that had many books and candles on it. The floor was covered with a rug that was different shades of brown. I turned to my left and there was a kitchen that had wooden cabinets, painted a green colour, it was very quaint and packed to the brim with plants. Whoever lived here clearly loved their plants, it was plants galore in here. 

As I went to look around some more a women entered from behind a door. 

"Ahhh, about damn time Nyra, I was starting to think you weren't going to show up." She hurried out whilst walking past us towards the kitchen and grabbing a handful of random things. "Is this the one you chose?" She asked as she looked me up and down.

"Yes it is." Nyra confirmed. 

"Right then, I suppose we should start." She hurried off towards the back. I just looked towards Nyra in question of what to do. 

"Come on, if were going to do this, it needs to be now." Nyra stated as she followed the women. Arlo and Malachi were shortly on her tail. 

I took one last glance around the room before following them all. As I entered this new room, I saw many things. The first thing that peaked my interest was the massive counter across the back wall. It was filled with books and pots of mysterious items I had never seen before. There was a book in the middle opened up, it looked old, very old. I moved my eyes towards the middle of the room where a stone table lay. It was flat and had nothing on it. Before I had anymore time to observe the room a hand was waved in front of me.

"Before we begin let me introduce myself, I am Mairwen." She said before hastily moving on. "Right, now you're going to go get out of those grubby clothes and change into this." She instructed as she dangled a robe in front of me. "Just that, nothing else okay!" She demanded in an affirmative tone. I just nodded my head. She pointed to a door so I walked over and entered. 

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

I walked out in the silky white robe. Nobody by Mairwen was in the room now she was pouring something into a glass of water, it turned the water a tropical sea blue now. 

"Lay down on the stone table!" Mairwen demanded as she continued rushing around the room gathering things she needed. I laid down on the stone table and stared up at the ceiling patiently waiting for her next command. "Okay, you know what's going to happen to you?" She questioned.

"To some extent." I replied. She didn't look to pleased by this. I am guessing she wanted Nyra to tell me everything so she could just get straight on with her work but Nyra hadn't, instead Nyra outlined what would happen to me.